city and guilds Weapons Blue Card accreditation

GORZA011

I have been browsing the internet for courses to enhance my skills and gain some more certifications to increase my employability.

while browsing i have come across a City & Guilds accredited Blue card Two day weapons course, claims to be a full bore live firing,
seems a little odd to me.

is this course legit?

being a former soldier and a current uk firearms licence holder would this course be worth doing?

has any one attended this course or a similar course?

is this "blue card" actually recognised any where?

Ref: City and Guilds UK Accredited ISO 28007 ISO 18788 | Ubique Worldwide Training Ltd

thanks
Jamie

The course is legit, legal and run at my local range.

However, I understand the full bore element is bolt action .223 or .308 to satisfy MCA/Home Office requirements for authorising the use of armed guards in UK flagged vessels.

Give the folk at the tunnel a ring and they would be more than happy to talk you through the content.

The course is legit, legal and run at my local range.

However, I understand the full bore element is bolt action .223 or .308 to satisfy MCA/Home Office requirements for authorising the use of armed guards in UK flagged vessels.

Give the folk at the tunnel a ring and they would be more than happy to talk you through the content.

So ,its basically section 1 centre fire bolt action or straight pull rifles/carbines in 223/762/308, no semi auto weapons and no pistols ? i was under the impression that it was section 5 weapons as used in European training centres and they had somehow got around the red tape? in other words you can go to any UK club and attend a safe shooting certificate accreditation through the NRA enabling you to shoot on any MOD range,this is also free of charge , surely the blue card system must consist of tactical training and more and also enable anyone without their own FAC and weapons to attend?.

Call me freak but any firearms training in UK (apart from NI) lack any other means but to get a paper to cover your back.
Anyone looking after real firearms training should get it elsewhere.

The ting of a 2 days course enabling anyone to fire a gun is nonsense, only can compare it to the time I found a Spanish instructor team offering "sniper training" with people using even .22 rimfire guns...
https://www.armas.es/reportajes-militar/33177-asistimos-curso-sniper#!/ccomment-comment=30525
Mr Francisco Galvan only appears as Krav Maga instructor, no word about ANY tactical sniper underwater knife mass killig... specially since to be guns instructor your name gets in a national bulletin and list available to consult on the police website.
Mr Antonio Díaz dont even know what says as you can not be CPO and police officer at the same time, either EX or LIAR/FAKE has to accompany one or the other

Don't get me wrong, I'm not endorsing this as "good" training for armed roles. Being safe and operationally effective are two very different animals.

I think you might find this is orientated towards game keeper roles, whereby they need to cull deer etc. It's unlikely to provide you with any small arms input for a CP role in any country.

Firearms training in the UK mainland is like learning how to pilot a 747 by flying a kite. Waste of time and money

Call me freak but any firearms training in UK (apart from NI) lack any other means but to get a paper to cover your back.

The rest of your post is right but I had to smile at the 'NI' bit, are you calling me a terrorist lol? I must have a check in the garage to see if there's any Ak's lying about. (joking)

Thanks for making me smile this afternoon..

To add to the thread, I remember getting some sleep one time, on the tv was some program about a fella coming in to fix someone elses restaurant, he asked, "what is your experience of food?" the guy said, "none" fair enough I thought but my answer would have been, "I've been eating it since I've been born"

Anyway...

On that metaphor, I don't know about you but I personally couldn't give a toss if the guy who shoots me has a certificate or not, I'd be quite cross either way.

Regards

Col

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...nce_on_northern_ireland_firearms_controls.pdf

Nah, you can get to terrorize so many, but can´t call you terrorist ;)

As far as I got on firmed the NI is the only area in Uk were there is the chance to have/use a "real" firearm not being a .22 rimfire carbine; by this meaning a semi automatic one or a pistol without the elongated barrel (compensating for something??) and grip extension.

What I was thinking about is that someone who goes trough so many problems to get a gun /train to use a gun safely should go little further and do it properly with real/full functional and recoil shocking guns, therefore, not in most of UK.
If someone shoots at me, I agree, I do not care about his certified qualities or not, just give my best (so NO run, hide, tell, sorry).

You missed the time I posted asking if a ruger rimfire was a good .22 ... SCT steered me right, I thought it was an Asian copy of a Luger, Gio you are starting to contribute, well done sir. Rep added.

Regards

Col

Ruger, sorry to miss it, my experience with ruger pistols ( ruger mark I, to IV) is nice up to the version changing the handle to resemble more a 1911 and do not like it at all.
For carbines the 10/22 is world famous and you have body kits to make it look as any rifle, again tubs up for them.

For the materials and quality ruger is outstanding.
The asian copies are NORINCO and even so, just swapping some springs and little pieces they are exceptional as far as price/quality.

My first and only rimfire on possession now is a Baikal one, also called walther ksp200, firing with my left hand left me with pains in the wrist but is fun accurate and easy to maintain not to speak about reliable, it may be older than me...

Back