Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

client requests for information

Turnstone

Full Registered User
Hi all,

I'm new to the world of private investigation, but with a decade plus of investigative experience in police and social housing tenancy enforcement, so I'm learning as I go here!

I've got a client at the moment who has passed me two tasks:

1) track down an estranged husband for divorce proceedings

2) assess possible liquid assets of another individual following a court order for non-payment of client fees

(1 and 2 are unrelated cases)

Both are proving tricky to say the least!

1) I was given a fair bit of information by the client about the husband, including former companies he owned and family members. I scoured social media, genealogy sites, local news pages and company house records and created quite a picture of his family and his business, but not enough to create a current address, which is basically what the client wants. I caved in and asked a "no find no fee" online search company to help, and they came back in a couple of hours with a refund claiming a negative result.

Any hints on where to go next would be very much appreciated! I know this is something of a needle in a haystack but it's worth an ask!

2) Is there any way to obtain financial/bank records of an individual, logic would tell me no, but you never know?? I've checked what I know to be available on public record, ie. CCJs, IVA, bankruptcy, DRO records etc. with no answers.

Something tells me I will have to go back to the client with my cap in my hands, but as I am new to this, building a reputation is everything so it would be great if I could give them something to sink their teeth into!

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

fbg

Tom I had the same predicament recently. I tried a couple of things which worked. Births deaths marriages( he had remarried) got the new wifes maiden name and found him through that.
Also letting agents and residential care homes local to the last known address. Failing that an experian credit check.

Hope this helps

Turnstone

Full Registered User
Good thinking fbg. I had used the births/deaths/marriages register for looking back over other aspects of his family life, but not as a means to looking forward. Having said that he might have trouble remarrying if he is avoiding his current wife's divorce lawyers, unless he fiddles his id.

I have also taken the plunge and investigated some old links he had to southern france, and I've spotted a couple of likely online leads down there, but my french is 30 years old and rusty to say the least!!

Still struggling with my asset tracing, although I've been given a possible asset tracing firm who might come up trumps once they get back into the office tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

If anyone has any other thoughts then I'm all ears...

premier

Longterm Registered User
Turnstone,

Pete's offer of training is a good shout, as is the information you have received from our members thus far!

I'm confident I would be able to find them, as am I that Pete would be able to find them, now don't take this the wrong way but if you fail to find your subjects please feel free to pm me and I'll give you a fair price to do the digging, and locate them.
I like you do not work for free, and all the free advice has been shared already.

Regards

premier

Turnstone

Full Registered User
That course does sound really useful, thanks Peter, just the sort of thing I need.

Really helpful responses guys, much appreciated.

Tom.

Top Bottom