Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

close protection iraq

mally1

Administrator
Anybody here done close protection iraq?

Let us know what type, where abouts and how much you got paid!

Pip

Full Registered User
I am currently in country and pay rates are anything from GBP 170 to 400 a day depending on who you are with and what you are doing.

neemo

Full Registered User
Hi Mally
im doing low profile work out there right now up in the North
as a Team Leader im on £275 a day
shooters are on £225 a day and Ops Managers £275 a day

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Whats yer rotation neemo?

Whats the latest with the Raymond group(all EX CPU RMP looking after american general in baggers) are they still around?

CM

Covert Munkey

Administrator
I heard as much but wasnt sure though. I remember hearing those guys where on an mint but only took ex CP RMP.

A bit controversial dont you think? Whats everybodys thoughts on this?

CM

co19

Started 2004 on £300 per day on PSD and then went into Project Management by 2006 and the wages went to a little more as salaries were coming down across the board.

It depends on who you work for and what contract you are on.

Nick

CM
I know a lot of the guys on the current contract, who stayed on when Aegis 'won' the Raymond contract and they were all RMP Close Protection Qualified, not necessarily all ex-RMP, although the majority were/are.
I'm ex-RMP CP myself, it's not hard to work out from my 'avatar', I've never worked for Raymonds or Aegis but, I don't see it as any different to current companies working in Iraq, such as 'Pilgrims', who only employ ex-SF personnel. Infact you'll see on their website that even Aegis are now advertising for ex-RMP CP types only to fill certain roles.
The thing is there is only one British Army unit providing highly trained AND very experienced CP Operators from Management level down to Operator level and that's the RMP Close Protection Unit. Who wouldn't want to have these teams looking after them? Last year the CPU/FCO celebrated 25yrs of working together. You don't maintain that sort of working relationship through being crap at your job.

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Agreed buddy,

Im RMP CP as well neil, still serving, currently on tour with FCO.

I agree with everything you have said.

Good to have you on board, How did you find our little corner of cyber space?

There is a forum designed for CPU lads in this site. Called 'Protegimus'...........funny thing that.

'm trying to spread the word about this forum so we all keep in touch. Which also helps networking etc( A thing us Monkeys tend not to do to well)

Take care

CM

frostyrus

Full Registered User
Hi all, i have to say i have heard many great things about the rmp cp side of things but being an ex Royal Marine having served 9yrs and completed the Ronin Cse over in South Africa i feel youy are no more above the rest of us.
So stop thinking your the be and end all..

co19

I am not ex RMP but I need to ask one question

Frostyrus, are you under 5 foot 4 inches tall?

No offence intended.

Disco3

Longterm Registered User
Aug 03- $450pd
Oct 03 - $500pd
Nov 03 - May 04 £275pd
June 04 - May 06 £320pd
Feb - Mar 07 £335pd
Nov 07 - Jan 08 $450pd

As you can see I am earning less than I did back in 2003 (due to weak Dollar).....I could earn more but I am happy working in the area I am and with the minimal risks I am exposing myself to. I have earnt roughly £250,000 in Iraq since 2003 and most of that tax free.
Guys if you are new to this line of work please think before you jump into any old contract. No good being the richest man in the local graveyard!!!! Nuff said I think.........

ss20

Full Registered User
Fm an operator who is not yet a member of this site!!!

"I am a ex RMP CP operator who worked on the Raymond Project (now Aegis) the guys on the contract were fantastic, but you will find fantastic guys on any contract from any background, it boils down to a combination of training, experience, character and team work. The Raymond Project was only ex RMP because the statement of work for the contract indicated a minimum of 8 yrs military experience, a military CP course, and minimum of 3 years CP experience. It just so happened at the time that only RMP CP trained personnel could meet the statement of work requirements.
No disrespect to anyone, but i am sure we will all end up working together in the future"

sam827

Full Registered User
Anybody here done close protection iraq?

Let us know what type, where abouts and how much you got paid!
i did client and convoy protection,i started on 300 dollars a day,then chnged company and was getting 310 pounds a day,worked all over

chriscpo1

Full Registered User
Only problem with some of the ex rmp is they think they know everything and they are the only guys in country who can do the job. I know i can do my job and i am not ex rmp. Usually the guys shouting their mouths off about how good they are, are the guys that shit themselves when something goes bang.

Pip

Full Registered User
Unfortunately I have to agree with this comment. Thay are good at etiquette and protocol but their tactical awareness leaves a lot to be desired which is due basically to their lack of 'proper' soldiering ie belt buckle, pissing rain, admin in hostile enviroments WITHOUT all the back up they get in what they call 'hostile' environments. Let's face it, if their work environment was that hostile, they would not have their principal there.

Pip

co19

Gents you can't generalise, i,ve seen good blokes and bad blokes and it bears nothing to do with their cap badge. In the European circuit I,ve seen very competent people who have no military/police experience. It all comes down to the individual. I have had a WO2 from the paras who's admin skills were a disgrace and marines who couldn't drive over 30mph, it doesn't mean that all marines and paras are all going to be like that! Just the odd one, its the same for any Regiment.

Pip

Full Registered User
co19 point taken you should not generalise but I am talking about Iraq, my environ and on the whole RMP have done very little infantry soldiering.

Muscle memory!

Quick rant: Can a moderator please stop people from sending me PMs as I cannot reply to them as I "Have not made at least ten posts". Surely the sender should be notified of this before they waste their time writing to me.

Aplogies to all those who fall into this loophole.

Pip

Top Bottom