Commando Speed March - Spean Bridge to Achnacarry

Carl Dowd

Longterm Registered User
Guys, is the ABMP Commando Speed March still running and is it on next March..? Can't find any info on it... Now I know all about the issues involving Graeme Taylor which I no longer have any interest in..? We just need to know if it is still active...!

Thanks guys

CD

Our connection..? go here and page down please:

RTD Group

Hi
I have run this a couple of times under the ABMP. Graeme was my POC in 2011 but I missed last year as he seems to have disappeared. may have to contact APTC Cdo Log direct to get details for this year. Always held first weekend in March.
Will post details when I get more info.

Hi
I have run this a couple of times under the ABMP. Graeme was my POC in 2011 but I missed last year as he seems to have disappeared. may have to contact APTC Cdo Log direct to get details for this year. Always held first weekend in March.
Will post details when I get more info.

Gus, sorry for the delay mate in any reply... if you want some answers about Graeme Taylor drop me an email at carldowd@yahoo.com or via the PM service on here... Thx mate... Carl

All booked in for 8th March - 7 miles of laughs. At 52 I think the phrase 'Too old for this s***!' comes to mind.
Who else on this forum is running?

Gus... I know how you feel brother... should be successful then please do join our PSD over 50's Activities club... again today we shared the delights of the Cairngorms...

Good luck with the event mate, done mine thx never to be repeated my time can be found here:

RTD Group

All the best...
CD

Hi Guys,

I am seeking a POC for the 2015 speed march or a Psychiatrist. Since the demise of the ABMP and the walter Graeme Taylor. we have lost contact. This was a fantastic event and a brilliant weekend, one hours hard work, 47 on the lash, loads of money was raised for Airborne, PTS and Commando charities. I really think this event could be so much bigger, why do us over fifties still want to do it......ask my Psychiatrist!!!!

Hi Guys,

I am seeking a POC for the 2015 speed march or a Psychiatrist. Since the demise of the ABMP and the walter Graeme Taylor. we have lost contact. This was a fantastic event and a brilliant weekend, one hours hard work, 47 on the lash, loads of money was raised for Airborne, PTS and Commando charities. I really think this event could be so much bigger, why do us over fifties still want to do it......ask my Psychiatrist!!!!

You know Alan? and as you have mentioned the Illustrious GT... I stood at the bar in the Commando bar with Major General (Retired) AF former 3 Para during the Falklands and neither of us could understand why GT didn't once speak to us during the event in 2007. My 'Firm' had been a supporter of the event for many years up to that point and like you I took part that year with a reasonable result and raised some money for the charities... but of course the mystery revealed itself in good time...

CD

Back