Control Risks - Virtual threat map

Covert Munkey

Administrator
logo.gif

Kidnap

This is a useful tool that has been around for many years now. CR have a good array of subscription packages available to keep up to speed with security situations in specific regions or more globally.

A great service for consultants, used often in conjunction with SOS's medical services.

AJ

The CR analysts are the best I've ever worked with by far!

UK low........ of course, when was the last kidnapping!!

I take it you mean, 'When was the last LEGITIMATE kidnapping?' not one by immediate family member of part of ellaborate insurance scam! ;)

Actually, kidnapping in the UK is quite common on different levels.

The thing with kidnap statistics is they are never accurate, lets face it, which country is going to hold a banner up which says, 'come visit, you never know where you might end up seeing!'

AJ

That's what I am saying YorkProt - given some countries in Africa there have the 'Insignificant' rating, here in the UK we are higher than that as 'Low' ..??

That article is from 2005 - anything more recent floating about? Even then, the content of the article speaks of specific groups targeting specific groups.

Big issue with Tiger kidnapping south of the border too, and there's still a fair amount of paramilitary and organised crime kidnapping both sides of the border.......doubt if that is counted through?

Big issue with Tiger kidnapping south of the border too, and there's still a fair amount of paramilitary and organised crime kidnapping both sides of the border.......doubt if that is counted through?

Kidnapping in the Republic is relatively minuscule in comparison to the likes of Africa or the middle east.
Even then, the odd kidnapping of one criminal by another criminal maybe once or twice a year is insignificant.
The real issue in regards to kidnap is the threat of innocent civilians being kidnapped by crime gangs, thankfully that sort of thing is not an issue in any part of Ireland north or south.

I think they consider the indiscriminate kidnapping of foreign nationals and high worth nationals as an ongoing criminal enterprise opposed to the kidnap of nationals involved in criminal activity or the kidnapping of relatives for forced marriages, domestic violence etc. On that scale we are not in the same league as the Middle East, South America, Africa and so forth.

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service

Although both CR's and this are only as good as the timely upload keeping of the submitters I find this one more useful as more detail is provided with the outlook that it doesn't take too much difficulty to form a 'common sense/ general knowledge' approach to mapping as like CR's.

Interesting to note 6 March 'Epidemic Hazard' in Swansea. Didn't even reach national news...or maybe they class 'Measles' as the 'epidemic'?

Rich H

Last edited by a moderator:
Back