CP Driver information blog

horse49

Longterm Registered User
Hi people.

Not sure if the mods will like this post, but I have contacted them to ask, but no reply from them.

I would like opinions as to whether my below idea would be of use to anyone.

I am thinking that towards the end of the year, I would like to start a blog up writing on CP driving and other areas.
I'm not sure yet how to format it though, or who to run it through.

I recently posted a thread about advanced driving on CPW, which had been viewed nearly 2000 times, there was some great feedback, and my hope was that it might be useful to some of you, as I know many are keen to enhance your skills, and want work.

So the subject I wish to cover firstly, would be to relate information and knowledge of CP driving methods. From why you should do training, what the roles and responsibilities are, security, aspects of advanced driving etc etc. A big subject. You can check my profile to see my background if that helps.

Now I know that some driving techniques are covered in a CP course, but I also know, that some trainers actually haven't done that much CP driving. The driver, Principal or back up, can be looked down on. Wrong. A good driver can save heartache, embarrassment and lives, if trained properly. Other than perhaps the PPO, the driver is the one to get the Principal away from danger, if it hits the fan.

What I would like to do, is blog, let's say monthly at first, skills, techniques, tips, I have learnt over the years, and hopefully include include something you don't know?

This will be free information. I'm not charging anyone. I am hoping it will help some who, either decide to complete a course, or for those going on one soon and to give a heads up on what's required, or those who may just want a bit more info and a good read-I hope.

If this goes well, I may extend it to basic CP drills, etc, as it is in a manual. Let's face it, all the manual info us already in books and in the net, so I doubt I'll be divulging 'secrets'.

I realise there will be some TPs who may be thinking that I'm giving away info, that I'm taking away the need for them? but hopefully what this may do, is enhance your students with a bit of foresight before your course, and they might just become better students, let alone operatives.

I must say here and now, reading about something is good, but it is no match for taking physical and practical instruction on a course as well, you need both.
All I want to do is impart what I have learnt over years, to those who haven't had my background.

So is it worth my time and trouble. Be honest, if there's no point, I'll keep quiet.

Many thanks. Horse 49

Hi Horse 49

Really like your idea and your ethos of giving back to people what you have learnt over the years fair play to you. As a current CPO and advanced driver of a couple of years now the driving side has always been a passion of mine I look forward to seeing how this pans out and gives us food for thought.

Keep up the good work

Alex

Many thanks, I'm just getting to grips with what to input, then sort a blog site out, and an appropriate name for the page.

I hope its gong to ne useful, my aim is genuine, and I know there will be doubters, but it shouldn't cost me more than paying for the blog spot, and time to input. That said, I have most of it already done, from courses and manuals I've done.

Finally got to the age where too old to do CP jobs (not in my opinion, but others :) and fed up trying to get together with others to deliver courses. So why not to give it away.

I'll let you now when I'm up and running. H49

Hi people.

Not sure if the mods will like this post, but I have contacted them to ask, but no reply from them.

I would like opinions as to whether my below idea would be of use to anyone.

I am thinking that towards the end of the year, I would like to start a blog up writing on CP driving and other areas.
I'm not sure yet how to format it though, or who to run it through.

I recently posted a thread about advanced driving on CPW, which had been viewed nearly 2000 times, there was some great feedback, and my hope was that it might be useful to some of you, as I know many are keen to enhance your skills, and want work.

So the subject I wish to cover firstly, would be to relate information and knowledge of CP driving methods. From why you should do training, what the roles and responsibilities are, security, aspects of advanced driving etc etc. A big subject. You can check my profile to see my background if that helps.

Now I know that some driving techniques are covered in a CP course, but I also know, that some trainers actually haven't done that much CP driving. The driver, Principal or back up, can be looked down on. Wrong. A good driver can save heartache, embarrassment and lives, if trained properly. Other than perhaps the PPO, the driver is the one to get the Principal away from danger, if it hits the fan.

What I would like to do, is blog, let's say monthly at first, skills, techniques, tips, I have learnt over the years, and hopefully include include something you don't know?

This will be free information. I'm not charging anyone. I am hoping it will help some who, either decide to complete a course, or for those going on one soon and to give a heads up on what's required, or those who may just want a bit more info and a good read-I hope.

If this goes well, I may extend it to basic CP drills, etc, as it is in a manual. Let's face it, all the manual info us already in books and in the net, so I doubt I'll be divulging 'secrets'.

I realise there will be some TPs who may be thinking that I'm giving away info, that I'm taking away the need for them? but hopefully what this may do, is enhance your students with a bit of foresight before your course, and they might just become better students, let alone operatives.

I must say here and now, reading about something is good, but it is no match for taking physical and practical instruction on a course as well, you need both.
All I want to do is impart what I have learnt over years, to those who haven't had my background.

So is it worth my time and trouble. Be honest, if there's no point, I'll keep quiet.

Many thanks. Horse 49

Hi Horse49

Hope you are well.

As a new comer to the forum I welcome this ideology with open arms as I have said in previous posts on here, people such as yourself should be commended with sharing practical information regarding CP. Im sure others would welcome this also as not only new comers will learn but people already in the business may learn something new which could help them fill a gap.

I know this thread is a few months old so I was wondering how you were getting on with this project?

do get in touch and thanks for providing this manual to help others.

regards
G

Hi GTYSON,

Thanks for your post, I'm still assembling information, but at the moment I have just moved house, so quite busy with the refurb. However I have not forgotten what I mentioned and once I have a few moments I shall be starting the blog with all that I have recorded over the years. Just give me a little time.

I have every intention of sorting the blog and passing on as much as I can. Things don't change that much, basics are basics and in my book until you know the ground work, how can anyone progress.

I nearly went into business with someone who had done loads of Hostile CP, my plan was to run basic courses, then an intermediate course for those extras, finally run a Hostile course. That way we both would have used our vast experience to give to others. Unfortunately he turned out to be a right plonker, never used his knowledge correctly and now only delivers DS courses. Shame.

Thanks again, I will post when I am able. Horse 49

Hi GTYSON,

Thanks for your post, I'm still assembling information, but at the moment I have just moved house, so quite busy with the refurb. However I have not forgotten what I mentioned and once I have a few moments I shall be starting the blog with all that I have recorded over the years. Just give me a little time.

I have every intention of sorting the blog and passing on as much as I can. Things don't change that much, basics are basics and in my book until you know the ground work, how can anyone progress.

I nearly went into business with someone who had done loads of Hostile CP, my plan was to run basic courses, then an intermediate course for those extras, finally run a Hostile course. That way we both would have used our vast experience to give to others. Unfortunately he turned out to be a right plonker, never used his knowledge correctly and now only delivers DS courses. Shame.

Thanks again, I will post when I am able. Horse 49

Horse

Thanks for your reply appreciate it.

Your ideas sound very inspirational and I'm sure in time your ambitions will
Pay off. Keep at it and don't give up!

I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

Take care and all the best for the refurb

Gary

Back