CP jobs

Baghdad Bandit

Full Registered User
There are many reasons why you may want to undertake bodyguard training in order to secure a bodyguard job.

For many people, the main reason for working in this industry is because they are almost always guaranteed action in their work, and possibly an element of danger also. However with the bodyguard training they have obtained, they are well-versed about how to handle difficult situations that may arise. For instance, a properly trained bodyguard is able to fend off 4 unarmed attackers.

Also, taking up bodyguard training and working in the industry can allow you to earn a substantial income, especially when you are providing Executive or VIP protection. Generally speaking, the greater the threat to the person you are protecting, the more money you will earn by keeping them safe.

We can assist you with the information you need to make an informed decision about taking up bodyguard training and working as a bodyguard.

Some of the benefits of a bodyguard job include:

Earning excellent salaries
Spending time with VIPs and celebrities
Varied work with a lot of excitement
Frequent travel
Are you suited to bodyguard work? You must have the following qualities:

Be physically fit
Have initiative and be able to work as part of a team
Have good observation skills
Can maintain client confidentiality
Remain calm under pressure
Have good interpersonal skills
Have good planning skills

Hi,

My name is Les and i am looking for work within the CP world, hopefully over seas. I have just competed 23 years within the Armed Forces. In July of this year i carried out and succesfully completed a Close Protection course, in the hope of getting onto the circuit.

Unfortunatly as to date i have had no response on the job front despite sending my CV to well over 100 agencies both within the UK and abroad. I have been offered some security jobs carrying out mobile patrols and static guarding within the Humberside area and London, however the money is not great and could not live on it once you pay the bils etc.

If there is anyone out there who can give me some advice and or point me in the write direction it would be appreciated.

I might have been getting the bad jobs then, because the bodyguard jobs either it is for protecting engineers in the middle east or a celebrity in Scandinavia it has been long hours sitting and waiting, and boring and not that good money.
The only decent bg job regarding with payment was the Saudi Royal Family where we also got a nice bonus in the end of the contract.
Otherwise cant say it has been good at all..12 hours in a hotel lobby or in a car it is not that much action.
Even the last jobs Ive been doing in Afghanistan and other countries where the salary now is 5000 usd a month is just above what a normal securityguard earn night time in Scandinavia ( 3000usd)

So I have to say I really dont agree, for the few of you that end up with great contracts and rotations I am happy for you.
Ive just not seen any of it and I have been doing this for 16 years.

hawk

For many people, the main reason for working in this industry is because they are almost always guaranteed action in their work, and possibly an element of danger also. However with the bodyguard training they have obtained, they are well-versed about how to handle difficult situations that may arise. For instance, a properly trained bodyguard is able to fend off 4 unarmed attackers.

Really? Danger? Excitement?

We can assist you with the information you need to make an informed decision about taking up bodyguard training and working as a bodyguard.

Who are "we"?

Varied work with a lot of excitement
The first half an hour on the first assignment maybe...

I don't think it is as cut and dry as that Bandit, painting a one sided picture is not good info for the new guys n gals reading that, they will have been slightly misled.

It think the picture Hawk paints is more realistic, as I am sure others will reiterate that it is not much fun its hard work, and as for exciting half the time its boring, as for being guaranteed action...The job description you have given, it paints a picture of a James bond film rather than a realistic one...

Last edited:
Good point ref the "who are we" MTS.

There has been plenty of good threads on this site already explaining "BG" and "CP". This one leans on the lame - sorry, or can you pass round what ever you were smoking/sniffing at the time of writing :?

So what was this thread really all about?

I guess I read the same thing as MTS from the opening post. Apparently Baghdad Bandit is part of a training group. Who, What, Where, When and How?

Personal Protection is a goal in and of itself. Boring "halls and walls" duty comes with the territory and espousing the excitement of CP/EP work is very misleading. I think this is partly why we have so many wash out of both the training or the actual assignments. Certainly, the skills needed should be developed and honed over time, but practically speaking, the more you need to employ the CDI stuff (chicks dig it), the less effective you are. Before anyone working in HE gets their feathers ruffled, I did say generally. Battlefield conditions obviously require a whole different level of skill sets.

As a representative of a training company, I see these types of promotional lines everywhere. Because of them, I am forced to burst the ninja bubble while instilling the core value of protectors everywhere. Having no action is a 100% success! Not sexy, but it is a fact. The knowledge, skills and ability to respond only come about through training, nurturing and time.

By the way: While you're fending off those 4 unarmed attackers, who is watching your boss?

Jerry

Last edited:
Pah!!! Not one mention of underwater knife fighting either!!!

Joking aside, fending off 4 attackers seems a very specific number, what if it's 2, 3 or 5 or even a hostile crowd?

To echo what Mr MacCauley has said, "Having no action is 100% success" and that is the proverbial nail being hit on its proverbial head.

Heno

You're quite welcome!

I think Baghdad Bandits advertisement would have been more suited to another website or SoF type magazine.

It's the Hollywood perception of the industry that fuels this attitude, can you imagine if training companies were to advertise how it really is?? The hours of boredom, being asked to fetch and carry etc?! Nobody would sign up to do it!!

Heno

Bandit, all joking at your expense aside, what do you actually do? Are you an operator, trainer or both? You have absolutely nothing on your profile to give us a clue. I know, you're concerned about opsec, right?

Seriously, don't make this business, especially the recruiting side of it, harder by promoting the action/thrills, which rarely appear on a detail. As an informational site, I would hope that readers could get a fair assessment of the CP world. and also realize that a fair amount of b*ll busting is to be expected.

Jerry

By the way Heno, I make sure my principals don't spend time underwater. This eliminates the need for the underwater knife fighting training. I am however, thinking about enrolling in an aerial wingwalking class just in case I get a job with a daredevil.

Jerry

He was wrong about one thing, I can at least take out 10 armed men with my bear hands, doing the old Tiger grip, which I saw in a Bruce Lee film:D. MTS, that's the Royal "WE" he was talking about mate meaning all of us.
Heno, I want to come on your Under Water Knife diving course mate, you seem to like advertising it, must be good:D

Baghdad Bandit,
Looking at that thread mate, did you write it or was it something you found and copied in. It looks like something that was already prepared, and copied in?

Jmacauley,

Sometimes the client wants to go underwater, hence the need for the UWKF, you never know when you may come across a baddie, or a shark, or a shark with a fricken laser beam on it's head...........;-)

24/7, unfortunately, I don't teach that kind of thing, I'm simply not good enough, I would love to do it though, it would make my CV stand head and shoulders above everyone elses!! I'm sure those Black Wolf guys do a course in it!

Heno

Well, I never thought about the shark assassins with the laser beams. Now I have to learn to activate my deflector shields while fighting 4 unarmed guys underwater with my client. But, thats why we get the big bucks.

Jerry

"Well, I never thought about the shark assassins with the laser beams."

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, how could you, with all of your vast experience, make such a rookie mistake!!!!

Heno

Even though I live in Florida, the only sharks I encounter are in suits and hang out at the courthouse. I'm not sure if they have laser beams, but I know they can swim. But now I'm thinking inside the box. I gotta get out more.

Jerry

Gentlemen.... Do you think the market was different in September 2007 as the original post was advertised on 30-09-2007!!

If by vast, you mean more guys hoping to cash in on the booming bodyguard business? Yup. Plus, there have been more movies portaying heroic protectors lately (ironman comes to mind).

Jerry

Back