Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CP Work PLEASE

scruffy2871

Full Registered User
On leaving the army (after 22 years) in April 2009 I trained for my CP license.
I have had one job since that was CP related and paid the sort of wages that were deserving of someone dedicated to a CP role.
I have tried for the past two years to get a contract in hostile environments but unfortunately have been led up the garden path so to speak by many who claim to be able to offer work but are as a matter of fact just collecting CVs for future Port-folios.
My other military skills despite what resettlement officers say have been of little to no use to local employers.
This has left me locally employed as a night watchman (but without a night rate) on £5.93p per hour.
My co-workers have been long term unemployed and it seems to me that the government is using security as a means of transporting people from Benefits into work. (Paying for their training 4 days & license).
Good many will say but if you worked with the quality of individual I work with you would see how the bench mark of the simplest security tasks is being rapidly lowered.
In conclusion now that I have had my rant, (thank-you for staying with me & reading this) when my license is up for renewal in 12 months I will deem that as the end of my career in security.
Thank-you to the one employer who helped me out and as for all those CV harvesters/speculators out there I look forward to Redemption Day when I can see you Burn in Hell You Dishonest, Deceitful Mother ****ers

D

Deleted member 33

Scruffy2871,

Go to the meet with a well compiled CV done. No one said this industry was easy. It's just that the SIA has made it easy for 'anyone'. The door is wide open for many in your situation and you need to have a hard look at yourself as to what you can bring to the table of a prospective employer that not many others can.

Your lack of experience is a problem but if you walk around feeling sorry for yourself the problem will manifest itself in both your outlook and demeanour.

The industry is flushed with far too many individuals that do not have the required training for this employment. It takes a great deal of patience, time, and expense to get a look in. Unless you are prepared to constantly bang on the door of possibility or unless you know someone who may be able to help I would suggest look elsewhere. It just depends on your personal life requirements and sustaining that lifestyle you are used to.

Rich H

Stoney

Super Moderator
Scruffy,

Rich H, as always, has hit the nail on the head so to speak.

Perseverance and self confidence are critical, as is networking, to progression in this and many other industries.

I personally have had setbacks in my career but take the view of failure is not an option, if it is meant to be, then you will find a way to move forward.

DanD

Scruffy, I can't feel sorry for you as this Industry is a mass of people in the same situation, and unfortunately my friend you are not alone! This however is a great post to make people looking to get into the Industry have another think!

Good luck in the future anyway!

scruffy2871

Full Registered User
I sent you my details about two weeks ago + a follow up e-mail that got to you in the middle east.
Again thanks for any help, look forward to hearing more from you.

scruffy2871

Full Registered User
Thanks for the post, I use the internet for most of my searches & can see how hundreds of other Operators also do.
Is this the best place to be looking though.
No comment on the "lack of experience" bit as it would proberbly come over a bit "Walter".

scruffy2871

D

Deleted member 33

Scruffy - it's RELATED experience to CP that is the point. ex-WO2/ Maj with mil courses means jack.

Rich H

Manxmerc

Longterm Registered User
Scruffy, spindle like you have stacks of Mil experience. Am sure you can turn your hand to most stuff in the CPW. I hope you can make it along to the CPW annual meet at the VSC on the 8th. If you can message me with your name or number and I'll meet you there. Can look into what work you fancy and who you have spoken to. If I can help I will.
PER ARDUA!

Manxmerc

David Platts

Forum Supporter
Scruffy,

If you carnt find CP Work mate head for the corporate security arena there is a lot of work around that the pay is half descent if you manage to get work with one of the big companies you can earn in excess of 30k a year - long hours but so is CP!!
PM me mate and i can give you a few web address and maybe people that would be intrested in giving you an interview.

All the best mate

Top Bottom