Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CPW Facebook group - Remember to join us on FACEBOOK folks

isstraining

Security Directors
CM,

This may sound a bit dim (probably because I'm not on Facebook) but aren't you just duplicating what you already have?

Peter

i joined up too!! anyone wants to become a fan of my group (mortrain) feel free

john

romark

Longterm Registered User
ISS

I've just had a look and there is lots of duplication and the same question that get asked on here everyday.

The big difference is that most people use their real name and include a photo. Already managed to tie a few up to their names on here.

Cant believe you dont do facebook. I'm tracking 5 of our "clients" at the moment.

ISS

I've just had a look and there is lots of duplication and the same question that get asked on here everyday.

The big difference is that most people use their real name and include a photo. Already managed to tie a few up to their names on here.

Cant believe you dont do facebook. I'm tracking 5 of our "clients" at the moment.
The main thing to check on the privacy settings is that your details (photo e.t.c.) are not displayed to anyone which is not on your friends list .

The other important point is to set your profile to non searchable. This means you cant be found though a name search.

Facebook has proved many a time to be a useful surveillance tool.

Best regards,

Track Clarity

simtakumta

Full Registered User
I find it quite amazing that in the year 2010 security professionals still don't have a clue about osint, opsec and persec and the fact that anyone can type your name on google and see pictures of you and your whole life and family.

I have visited the facebook group which has over 1000 members and exactly the same threads as here.

Facebook is full of viruses and hackers, as well as fake Id's and info gatherers.

I find it shocking that these so called professional cpo's openly show to thousands of people their private lives and interests.

I have seen so many pictures of guys holding their kid.
That is just plain stupid doing that.

romark

Longterm Registered User
I agree with you especially with all the secrecy on here. But also think that people are big enough and old enough to make their own decisions on such matters and must have thought long and hard about it.

HenryLee

Full Registered User
Hi,

Anyone knows of a way to get-around through the Great Firewall of China to login to facebook ? Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,
Henry Lee

fidelis2007

Longterm Registered User
I trink is much better here Munk.Why?Cause most of people still doesn't wanna talk with us cause they have this some strange think in their minds and they still calling us Mecenaries! For example just check one article about Iraq today where is wroten that "US will handed their combat mission to the Mecenaries".

annie

Full Registered User
I loathe that term mecenaries it used to bug the shit out of me when people used that term for my hubby

Sergic08

Longterm Registered User
I loathe that term mecenaries it used to bug the shit out of me when people used that term for my hubby
At the end of the day, anyone acting primarily for financial reward (anyone lucky enough to have a job?) could be labelled as mercenary so those who decide to use this word so happily should think twice. As for those who like to use it as a pejorative term... mass media for instance, many people who work in there could be easily called mercenaries of the worst type, working for some media group twisting the truth to suit the group interests. As for me, I don't care much about the term though I reckon its meaning has been twisted quite along the years.

Borse

Full Registered User
How people lable Mercenaries and what those fools use to describe mercenaries is utterly retarded.

By todays standards and in our current society, any guy and his dog can be labelled mercenary. Most people today don't give a shit about anything other than their own paycheck.

The people on here probably have far better morals and ethics than average joe walking the streets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom