Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crg

R2700m

Control Risks requires consultants to fill forthcoming close protection vacancies in the Middle East. The rotation is 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off.

Applicants would be required to attend an interview at Control Risks London office and if selected for the task they will be required to complete the Control Risks Hostile Environment Close Protection Offices course (HECPO-costs 1800 quid) at their own cost. This course is a client stipulation and must be completed prior to deployment.

Competitive rates of pay and expenses. (172 quid a day-not paid on leave)

To be considered for the task it is essential you have an accredited SIA Close Protection qualification, British passport holder and have previously served with British military or police

If you are interested please send a Private Message

Last edited by a moderator:

co19

£172 a day for Iraq, outragious

Even on my worst pay daily rate out there was £275

a5955

Longterm Registered User
No offence

I wouldn't touch CRG with a barge pole, you have to pay do one of their courses to get the job 1800 quid get real. Everyone jumps ship the minute they get to Iraq. plus they don't pay you one your off rotation and are well know for laying people off whilst they are on leave.

Last edited:

R2700m

Easy Tiger!!!! Post was meant for operators who MAY be interested in getting a foot in the door. As for walter mitties it is also full of very good and experienced operators who I would have no hesitation to work with again.

zatoichi

Removed Users
CRG taking the piss, go and work for Burger King you'll get more money. These idiots must be employing muppets then!

R2700m

Not muppets just people wanting to earn a living as for Burger King send me the details as I wouldnt mind flipping burgers for 43k a year!

co19

What gets me is that CRG are paying more for their operators to work in the UK, and the majority of them have not done any hostile-Iraq/Afghanistan. It is taking the urine a bit, you have to think what your life is worth, £172 a day, £145 a day £125 aday it will only be time.

This all came about when wages were initially dropped from 275/300 18 months ago. This made alot of their experienced operators leave and move onto other companies. The Foreign Office were unhappy with this and saw standards had dropped so that where the famous CRG HESPO course comes in, a course you pay £1800 for and it doesn't guarentee you work with CRG, as has happened.

Ask how much the ops managers/project managers or the people in London are making, where there is relatively low threat.

Just my 2 penneth boys and girls

Last edited:

R2700m

Sigs operators are on 300 a day but as said previously said ex mil with a load of experience are happy to do the job for low wages as it is still a damn sight more than what they are used to. Might'nt be right but thats life. Yes you can earn more money on other contracts but most need current experience and or references. To that end its a start for ex mil who have no other way of getting to the pit. If you are not prepared to do it for 172 per day then dont apply!

Covert Munkey

Administrator
R2700m thanks for your post.

I agree with alot of what has been said but regardless you have went out your way to post these possible jobs for whatever reasons.

You didnt have to post but you did so again thankyou.

PS This is the first sort of heated debate we've had here on the forum. Good stuff!

PPS If you work for CRG or know one of the recruitment managers who would like to answer some of the points raised then please invite them to the forum!

cheers CM

PSA

Full Registered User
Perspective Required.

You can earn more a day in the UK: Correct, but the difference being
a) is it tax free? - NO.
b) is it a years contract - NO (Unless your very lucky, and you have to be connected and experienced to gain these).
Bottom line is unless your permanant with a client you realistically do not earn more.
Most commercial contracts are short ,despite the daily rate being higher. Average your earnings over a year and take the tax there may be not alot of difference and you would of probably worked more hours with no leave.

HE are not for everyone ,but bottom line despite the pay which varies for company to company , most of the largest brit companies are paying under 200 a day for your basic operative on the ground.

If you have been in the military out to iraq or Afghan the money is far less than that being paid by a PMC company. I know what side of the coin i prefer.
The saturation of the UK market with every possible background from cleaner to estate agent (no offence intended) has meant you can throw a couple of quid at a trg coy which new comers know little about with regards to reputation and quality then promised the world and become a supposed all singing and dancing operator has screwed the industry. Because i have seen guys fresh from these courses who are shocking on the ground through poor trainning providers and syllabus with little background to do with the security industry who were dazzled by high salaries and watching the "bodyguard" with whitney too much and dark shades.
High salaries are possible but the bottom line is you have to be top of your game with the right background and connections.

I digress, CRG are offering to some ,a first step in to PSD from the military. Take it or leave it, most of the work is green zone based ,good equipment and good blokes.
I would not work for this and that money simply means you will earn ,jack shit.
Guys who are top of their game and activley seeked to fill high profile contracts in my view can question the price paid for the job.
The rest take it or leave it cause it wont change anytime soon and its just the way it is.

Regardless, good post .

Marian

Longterm Registered User
All I wanted to say was that
it surprises me how low salaries
are offered to people who actually
risk their life and health over there.
It's just not right, especially that
as you said contracts are longer
which usually means bigger chances
of getting into some kind of serious
s**t.

co19

CRG and Armourgroup are pretty similar in regards to LOW pay. If you work for Garda Global(ex Kroll) Blue Hackle, Ardan, Sabre then you are looking at £240/250 for PSD as a basic operator.

Erinys/Aegis i think its about £225/250.

My advice is if you are going hostile, do not do convoys as you will be hit every day, and avoid high profile vehicles it just gives the dirka dirka plenty of notice your coming. LOW profile is the future just like garlic bread!

Nick

Nick

devs85

Full Registered User
r2700m i have just tried that email address and it is not working. i would like to apply as it is soo had to get into this industry everyone wants experianced people even though i have the training. so if anyone has any other people to send my c.v. to please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONEONEALPHA

Full Registered User
Hi R2700m, You seem to have a very good knowledge of CRG. I am considering doing the HECOP course with CRG and would be most grateful if you can help me out with a few answers. Firstly I am Ex Para Regt (17yrs), 3yrs in NI, Junior Brecon, Pl Wpns Instr, MR Instr and all ur normal mil quals. I was going to send my CV to CRG but as I am now 49 thought it may be a restriction for work in the pit. Do you think that it would be worth spending £1800 on the course. Cheers 11A

Top Bottom