cs gas ?

on31ll

Full Registered User
recently sat my course and while sitting the course sombody stated that if you sit a course you can use cs gas ? i argued the point but really couldnt be botherd but 3-4 of the people sitting the course agreed that there is a course you can sit and after compleating use CS GAS ?

so the question whos right ? and what sprays as such can be used ?

many thanks on31ll

DarkHorse,

Long time no hear I hope that all is ok. I am glad when I saw that you responded to this thread.

I am sure there are many others on here who can answer this question better than I can. If you use CS on the door or for that part possess it you could be charged. ~This info is from the Firearms: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service.

In addition the following are also prohibited but are not subject to mandatory minimum sentences:

• Section 5 (1) (b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid gas or other thing. Generally stun guns or electric shock devices, CS gas not usually cattle prods but depends on type;
Firearms: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service

Tapmaster

sat my course in liverpool. i didnt think you could use it but just wanted to find out ! ive never seen the course advertised either.

funny though how the man teaching the course was selling the handcuffing course everyvery 5 mins but stated all the way through its not worth the hassle arresting sombody

recently sat my course and while sitting the course sombody stated that if you sit a course you can use cs gas ? i argued the point but really couldnt be botherd but 3-4 of the people sitting the course agreed that there is a course you can sit and after compleating use CS GAS ?

so the question whos right ? and what sprays as such can be used ?

many thanks on31ll

What and where was this course 31 ?
On Fraggle Rock maybe.
If this was an SIA course, please ignore these numpties.
You know better, it's classed as a firearm.
If you are working in this country all you are allowed to use are your wits, and the odd restraint hold, even then we are seen as the criminals by the powers that be.
I feel sorry for you 31 if thats the intellects you had to bounce off of on your course.
Only sprays you might be able to use are markers sprays, even then you'll be quizzed on it.
Bet all those half wits got a pass as well 31,
you watch yourself out there, because those others are representative of the standards you have to work with sometimes.

am i allowed to state where i sat it ? dont see why not. sat it on the waterfront at the jurys inn hotel. the course had its fair share of muppets. but just sat at the back stayed quiet and wanted it time to fly which it didnt !

One of the things you need to watch out for mate are all the people selling the next big course i.e the handcuffing course. If you use the search function you will find many discussions on the handcuffing courses. Some agree some disagree. By the instructors on words it's not worth the hassle (as stated in the above post). In my humble opinion leave the cuffing for the experts i.e. the police

I do applaud you for coming to the forum for asking this question before getting yourself in more trouble than it's worth.

Best Wishes

Tapmaster

It is simple. You cannot have cs or pepper spray in your possession full stop. If you do and are caught you will be charged as being in possession of a firearm. Hello criminal record, bye bye SIA licence.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Don't despair 31, alls not lost.
Even if the course was crap, and the participants were placed there by health in the community, well keep in mind; The SIA course teaches you very little.
Try find a good team or mentor to work with, you'll recognise them when you meet them, they stand professionally head and shoulders above the rest.
take your time, learn your trade, there are so many ways to do our job, with many different operators, ignore or reject the crap ones, and savour the good ones.
Good luck and stay in touch.
So long 31.

p.s. Remember, you're not a number, you're a free man.

Try find a good team or mentor to work with, you'll recognise them when you meet them, they stand professionally head and shoulders above the rest.

ive been working on and in the nightclub scene for a while and i have been lucky enough to have mentors weather in the gym or not that have and are door supervisors. most of them old school which i respect but one thing i learnt from them is "always remeber the future, the shine of the job will wear off to the point where you show up do your job and go home for horlicks but if you mess up one time there is no future" to me that sums it all up on being fair as a door supervisor

p.s. Remember, you're not a number, you're a free man.
that made me smile and think ! wise very wise words

CS is completely illegal for private use in the UK you will be convicted of a firearms offence. Bouncer spray is legal as it omits a spray which is not deemed to be noxious, be aware though you will probably be arrested for using it but later released, if it does go to court the manufacturer will back you (certainly if it is Eveaid spray). As a DS there should be no need for a spray, the only users that may benefit from them are vulnerable individuals as a visual and ultimately skunk-like foul smelling deterrant.

PS: If you have sprayed on you will know they smell terrible, guaranteed if you spray it in a DS environment you will have a quiet night as no-one will come near the venue, goodbye DS job.

Back