Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Date and time stamp for still images

johnpk

Full Registered User
Hi, can anyone recommend some software for putting the date and time stamp on some still jpeg images.
I'm using a fuji s5700 the date and time appears when playing the image back on the camera but does not appear on the image when transfering to a computer.
Any ideas on how to transfer the time and date over?

Thanks
john
Posted via Mobile Device

Borse

Full Registered User
I found this using google. I'm not sure if it will be of any use to you as I am in no way an expert, but if you copy the name of this thread into google you might find something better than I did.

johnpk

Full Registered User
Thanks mate tried that one couldn't get it to work, did try google but some off the software didn't work.... I don't mind paying just want to get the right one.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

isstraining

Security Directors
JohnPK,

Not sure about your camera but on a Canon D50, you go into the menu, printer / set date & file printing / connect to printer...

The date and time should be embedded within the image data - click on the image and press Ctrl I or look at the properties - it should tell you when it was taken.

The easy way is to drop the image into a Word document and just type the time & date over the image, but depends on how and what you are presenting the images for.

Peter @ ISS

Bubba

Super Moderator
JohnPK,

The easy way is to drop the image into a Word document and just type the time & date over the image, but depends on how and what you are presenting the images for.

Peter @ ISS
Hi there, as a small aside, Microsoft Powerpoint is FAR easier to use for image manipulation than Word. Powerpoint is designed to work with images whereas Word is designed to work with text, hence the reason that powerpoint allows you to save a full slide as an image, or to export graphics in a different format.
Watch out though as some file format changes when undertaken can result in excess pixellation when displayed on screen.

Powerpoint 2010 allows the user to export to PDF thereby negating the need for an additional PDF printer to be installed.
Hope this helps,
Bubba

Top Bottom