Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dealing with slipping in clubs

TorpidRyan

Full Registered User
Newbie error I guess. But running around on response teams in clubs now which is resulting in me being on my arse far too often. Not great at all. so, I am pretty sure my boots are not anti slip.

Does anyone know any good anti slip boots and/or anti slip sprays?

TorpidRyan

Full Registered User
This is a fekkin joke right lol?

Good one

Col
Comeon Col, give me a break. I'm 22. Not exactly what we'd call a "doormen" in accordance to the standards of this forum yet.

But it's a student union that has this club night. so you can imagine. There's drink and mopped up vomit bloody everywhere. And it's a very slippy tile flooring most of the place. So yeah. It isn't a joke. It's a bit of a nightmare tbh.

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
I'm assuming you have your DS licence. WTF's "a doormen"

Anyway as you're young I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, a major part of all our training is not to fall on your arse. Is it too easy just to say change your boots?

Anti slip spray lol.

Thanks for the laugh mate :)

Regards
Col

TorpidRyan

Full Registered User
I'm assuming you have your DS licence. WTF's "a doormen"

Anyway as you're young I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, a major part of all our training is not to fall on your arse. Is it too easy just to say change your boots?

Anti slip spray lol.

Thanks for the laugh mate :)

Regards
Col
Alright, fair enough.

What sort of boots would you recommend then? For general comfort but also having actual decent grip?

TMAC

Longterm Registered User
Alright, fair enough.

What sort of boots would you recommend then? For general comfort but also having actual decent grip?
Google non slip safety boots and you’ll get a selection. Or go into a workwear shop and they’ll advise

Buy the best you can afford, minimum €120 I would say as you’ll be in them for a lot of hours and your feet will thank you.

TorpidRyan

Full Registered User
Update on this one.

Ended up going with some Doc Marten's "Torrent" safety boots. They're pretty good, though they did cost me £125. Properly waterproof, resistant but not too heavy or uncomfortable to move in and now I can actually jog my way to incidents without being worried about falling on my ass like an absolute twat. Very slip resistant. Obviously my previous boots were pure crap.

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Well done buddy, that reminds me of when I went to sports direct and got the ex wife a pair of boots for her birthday, £125 reduced to £30 but the big price was on the box, she loved me long time for that ;)

Top Bottom