Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Diesel the hero

protectasia

Longterm Registered User
Isn't it ironic we know the name of a dog that was killed, but not a single name of any of the other victims......................

premier

Longterm Registered User
Protectasia,

I don't think it's ironic...
It believe if or rather when the families of the victims are ready they will indeed release details and we will know their names, and remember them! Whereas Diesel was killed doing the job, a job that saved God only knows how many officers, soldiers and civilians. So no I don't think it's ironic. I know the loss of your dog, your partner it is hard!

Regards

premier

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
RIP a hero and a good guy(dog).

May as well give some credit even if some people say it is a dog, still worth a million times more recognition than these isis..... #¥€¥€% .

Did more in its life than any world leader or politician has done for a long time as well.

aes69

Super Moderator
Always reluctant to call a dog a hero. However, hate seeing animals harmed especially in the line of duty. Sad day but died doing the best job in the world, defending the innocent against scum.

SCT

Always reluctant to call a dog a hero. However, hate seeing animals harmed especially in the line of duty. Sad day but died doing the best job in the world, defending the innocent against scum.
I'm with you on that Mark. Although there is no doubt that dogs save human lives and are an invaluable part of anti/counter terror operations, it is really a misuse of the word "hero" as that implies willingness on the dog's part to put itself in danger when in actual fact it has no idea of the possible outcome of its actions and it's an anthropomorphism. For the dog, it's just a game with an anticipated reward from the handler for getting it right.

Having said all of that........ She's still my hero and I'm wearing one of these
JE SUIS DIESEL T-SHIRT :)

Last edited:

TMAC

Longterm Registered User
I'm with you on that Mark. Although there is no doubt that dogs save human lives and are an invaluable part of anti/counter terror operations, it is really a misuse of the word "hero" as that implies willingness on the dog's part to put itself in danger when in actual fact it has no idea of the possible outcome of its actions and it's an anthropomorphism. For the dog, it's just a game with an anticipated reward from the handler for getting it right.

Having said all of that........ She's still my hero and I'm wearing one of these
JE SUIS DIESEL T-SHIRT :)
Cool T's!!!

Top Bottom