Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Diploma of Paramedical Science - recognition of prior learning process at discount

coolmoose

Full Registered User
Hi guys,

I am currently in a position to offer access to one of the only Diploma of Paramedical Science to be issued under the new rules which changed in Australia in 2015 so students can get the very latest qualification at a highly discounted price. This a recognition of prior learning process for currently qualified combat medics, remote/industrial paramedics, in-house credentialed paramedics and prehospital nurses to gain an academic qualification based on their education and experience to date.

The course fee is normally AUD $7,000 for the full Diploma. I can issue a discount code which will reduce the RPL fee to a heavily discounted price of AUD $450.00. You are free to share this code with anyone you see fit. There is no set time on how long this discount will be available and it may be withdrawn at any time in the future so students should be encouraged to enrol sooner rather than later (we envision approx. 6-12 months duration but that is subject to change).

• Students will have 12 months to complete their self-evaluation so there is no rush once they have enrolled and received their pack. If they are deficient in any areas they have time to remedy the areas and we will be putting units and courses online in the next 3 months that can be taken if they need to do so.
• This is an invitation only for RPL applicants, we are not delivering the full course. This means that all the students must have relevant prior practical experience in addition to theory qualifications. Practicing or former military medics, industrial paramedics and prehospital nurses should have no problems.
• The coupon code is case sensitive.

The HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science is a Nationally Recognised qualification (training.gov.au - HLT51015 - Diploma of Paramedical Science) and offers pathways into :
• becoming a paramedic/medic in the private sector
• becoming an Ambulance Paramedic (degree required)
• university to study a Bachelor in Paramedic Science degree

Two of the main benefits of this offer are:
1. Allows paramedics to consolidate education and experience for a qualification
2. Provides articulation into many paramedic degree programs in Australia, many of which can be completed via distance learning.

A Diploma of Paramedical Science (DipParaSc) will be issued to all those who complete the previously outlined process within the 12 month period. Most currently qualified paramedics and nurses will not need to undertake any additional education to be awarded this diploma via recognition of prior learning.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me alan@alanbatt.net. Mods, if this message is not allowed, please let me know, and I apologise in advance.

rediffusion9

Full Registered User
This pathway also exists through Merit training. They have have a number of medical academia options for those that want it. (I'm biased because I went through a Merit course a couple of years ago..)

Starlight

Super Moderator
I've done it starlight - but I already hold hcpc
What level is it then? 6 or 7?

If you're already a para, why did you do it?

I'd love to hear if anyone's done this and then presented it to the HCPC as educational support with their application for registration.

rediffusion9

Full Registered User
What level is it then? 6 or 7?
I believe it is AQF5 - I would need to dig out the cert and see if it is on that.

If you're already a para, why did you do it?
I did it because I could

I'd love to hear if anyone's done this and then presented it to the HCPC as educational support with their application for registration.
Don't know about this cert but I have gone throught the HCPC's evidence gathering debacle.

coolmoose

Full Registered User
Sounds iffy to me. Has this been tested by anyone with the UK HCPC?
Nothing iffy about it - there is paramedic life outside the HCPC - I cannot guarantee this will get you HCPC registration - but combined with sufficient additional education and experience it may help. For what it's worth, I also hold HCPC having gone through international reciprocity, but I worked internationally for years before ever getting HCPC, so it's not the be all and end all.

To give you an idea, a recent applicant from the UK enrolled on the 12th of January, submitted his paperwork and supporting documents on the 23rd and has today (28th) been assessed and approved for the award of the Diploma of Paramedical Science. All he did was complete the self assessment checklist and provide copies of all his qualifications, certificates, thank you letters, letters of recommendation and a CV and he was all good to go.

He already held HCPC, but did not have any academic award, so it is useful to him for his future plans.

It is an Australian nationally recognised diploma, and may be useful for anyone who is looking to consolidate education and experience, or looking to move.

coolmoose

Full Registered User
This pathway also exists through Merit training. They have have a number of medical academia options for those that want it. (I'm biased because I went through a Merit course a couple of years ago..)
Yep, it sure does, and Merit are a good outfit. I know Aebhric. Plenty offering this pathway...we're just another option for those seeking it (at a heavily discounted price of 450AUD ~ 270GBP)

Last edited:

coolmoose

Full Registered User
Update - RPL discount expiry

Yep, it sure does, and Merit are a good outfit. I know Aebhric. Plenty offering this pathway...we're just another option for those seeking it (at a heavily discounted price of 450AUD ~ 270GBP)
IMPORTANT UPDATE RE RPL PROCESS FOR DIPLOMA IN PARAMEDICAL SCIENCE:

I have just been informed that the discount code for the Diploma RPL process will expire on February 28th. As of March 1st, all applicants for the RPL process will pay the normal fee of $3000.

Please remember, once enrolled, you have 12 months to complete the paperwork and RPL process. If you are interested in pursuing this RPL process based on the information I have previously supplied, I would encourage you to avail of the discount before it expires.

Clemlem

Is there any more information about this Diploma Option. Is there a website that we could visit to have a look at the options

anniebee135

Full Registered User
rpl for australain paramedical science diploma

hi
do you still know who or which companies in Australia do RPL for diplomas in paramedical science
thanks

Top Bottom