Diplomatic Close Protection OfficerBusiness Unit: International Security Services
Career Area: International
Baghdad, Iraq, IQ Iraq, Iraq, IQ Libya, Libya, LY Tripoli, Libya, LY Erbil, Iraq, IQ
- British, passport holders only
- SIA licence - Close Protection (frontline) – passed the standard SIA 4 week training course and hold a current licence or any equivalent agreed with the Authority.
- Current and valid UK Driver’s license or other as accepted by the Authority in cluding C1 Licence or equivalent
- First Person on Scene (FPOSi) Intermediate (Level 3 minimum) or First Response Emergency Care (FREC) (Level 3 minimum) as a minimum or equivalent authorised by the Authority.
- Demonstrable experience in close escorting and body-guarding with an accredited close protection training organisation and undergone at least two weeks dedicated training by their current employer.
- At least 7 years of recent accumulated experience (including operational experience) in a sovereign military unit or para-military police force.
- Recent military or security experience in Afghanistan or Iraq
- Active experience in the use of firearms, specifically pistol, sub-machine gun, carbine and light machine gun. Compliant with the Authority’s specified firearms training and fitness standards.
- Capable and safe driver of heavy armoured four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Qualified Civilian Armoured vehicle driver or equivalent.
- Trained in weapon retention.
- Trained in non-lethal options / open handed protection techniques.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Competent in Navigation/GPS/Tracking system
Services provided by the contractor shall include, but not be limited to the provision of armed mobile protection services to ensure the safety and security of all client staff and other personnel who come under duty of care of FCDO Baghdad, Erbil and Tripoli. Services the contractor can expect to carry out, but are not limited to are as follows:
- Operating as a driver in a B6 armoured vehicle as part of a mobile protection team.
- Operating as a vehicle commander as part of a mobile protection team.
- Acting as a PPO to FCDO clients as part of a mobile protection team.
- Acting as PPO to FCDO clients whilst they conduct their daily duties.
- Undertaking any other direction or reasonable request given by appropriate GardaWorld Management team in accordance with GW Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer placeGardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Application link below: