Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Discreet Investigation Services

Knightsbridge

Full Registered User
Hi all,

I have just been contacted by 'Discreet Investigation Services'. They do seem pretty genuine but i'm still a little wary as i know there are so many out there that do scam people. Has anybody heard of them and can anyone tell me if they are the real deal before i apply?

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
Haha I received an email from them yesterday.
To me it seemed just like wiki leaks and all the other scam ones.

May be wrong but pretty much the same wording as all the other scam companies.

I must be on there mailing list as I have received about 4 of these emails from different names companies since Wikileaks.

Hi yes I got one as well, pretty sure it is a scam, although the website is much improved dont fall for it I was lucky last time I did a recall on my bank card so got my money back and got to keep the usb stick.

Dave

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
Spam email I got sent. Blanked out his name.
Minimum pay £40 per hour.

My name is #%#%* from Discreet Investigation Service. I am contacting you regarding various positions that we currently have available in our business. I hope you don’t mind me contacting you unannounced. I got your details from various employment data suppliers that indicated you either are or have been interested in working in the private investigation sector or similar within the last 10 years. If you still are interested in this field or are already working within the industry then we may have a suitable role for you. If none of this applies to you and our data is wrong we are sorry for bothering you. Just let me know and I will remove your details from our files and we will not contact you again. I do know that these data-sets are not always as accurate as they claim to be, so once again apologies if we have contacted you out of turn. However, if you are currently operating as a private investigator or thinking of a career in this exciting field then we may be able to help each other!

Whether or not you have experience is irrelevant as we will provide full training free of charge to successful candidates. We require both Male and Female investigators.
To apply you need to be reasonably mature, (ideally over 30, and we don't have an upper age limit as long as your are mobile) , resourceful, observant, organised and be willing to work hard. The rewards both in terms of job satisfaction and the financial aspect can be significant. If you have criminal record of a serious nature unfortunately we cannot accept you. Minor offences do not count.

So why should you consider joining us?
We’re one of the fastest growing investigative agencies in the UK.
Provide free training and support for the successful candidates
We have a steady flow of work for our investigators
Excellent remuneration
Part-Time and Full-Time self-employed positions with flexi-hours
Minimum pay rate of £40.00 per hour
Generous expenses.

Visioneer

Super Moderator
To apply you need to be reasonably mature, (ideally over 30, and we don't have an upper age limit as long as your are mobile) , resourceful, observant, organised and be willing to work hard.

I'm screwed. I haven't been 'reasonable' or 'mature' for years.

Can I sue for discrimination against cranky old bastards ?

V :(

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
To apply you need to be reasonably mature, (ideally over 30, and we don't have an upper age limit as long as your are mobile) , resourceful, observant, organised and be willing to work hard.

I'm screwed. I haven't been 'reasonable' or 'mature' for years.

Can I sue for discrimination against cranky old bastards ?

V :(
sssh - its discreet.;)

Knightsbridge

Full Registered User
Thank you for all your replies..

This Company doesn't ask for money up front and training is free so I am thinking I might be lucky here :/ lol
I am still wary for the time being though.. carrying out more 'investigations' ;)

david8732

Full Registered User
Thank you for all your replies..

This Company doesn't ask for money up front and training is free so I am thinking I might be lucky here :/ lol
I am still wary for the time being though.. carrying out more 'investigations' ;)
I was also contacted by them a few days ago and investigated them, but found nothing untoward. So I applied as I have applied for PI jobs in the past. It was all looking good and I started the online training, however they are now asking for money upfront but not to them they are asking me to take on a job where I have to pay for searches out of my own pocket.
So, I did a chat with them and the person I spoke to was pretty rubbish, I was polite and asked them this question.."Ok, thanks. So to clarify I have to pay for the expenses side of things myself? i.e the deep search and then claim this back from you? How do I receive a reassurance that this is the case?
Their reply - "because i am telling you so"

I am extremely wary now and although I can usually spot a scam a mile off these lot are pretty good.

I would appreciate others opinions or if anyone actually believe they are genuine.

Thank you

Visioneer

Super Moderator
If they're 'pretty good', I'm going to set myself up as an Estate Agent flogging oceanside timeshare properties on the Sea of Tranquility.

V :)

alamarahsoldier

Longterm Registered User
I was also contacted by them a few days ago and investigated them, but found nothing untoward. So I applied as I have applied for PI jobs in the past. It was all looking good and I started the online training, however they are now asking for money upfront but not to them they are asking me to take on a job where I have to pay for searches out of my own pocket.
So, I did a chat with them and the person I spoke to was pretty rubbish, I was polite and asked them this question.."Ok, thanks. So to clarify I have to pay for the expenses side of things myself? i.e the deep search and then claim this back from you? How do I receive a reassurance that this is the case?
Their reply - "because i am telling you so"

I am extremely wary now and although I can usually spot a scam a mile off these lot are pretty good.

I would appreciate others opinions or if anyone actually believe they are genuine.

Thank you
Why are they pretty good??
Cos they say they are legit, we should all believe them.

Sorry mate buts it's not that easy to get a dream job in the PI game.
The top campanies don't need to approach people to come work for them, it's the same in any profession!
Have you had a email from say a law firm, tree surgeon or chef saying they need people to work for them offering them a dream job.

Remember the email you got wasn't personal, it was generic send to a good hundred if not thousand people in the UK.

But..... go for it

david8732

Full Registered User
Why are they pretty good??
I do not mean 'Pretty Good' as in a good company, I meant in the context of a high quality scam.
I may be inexperienced on this matter but not in life, I know nothing comes to you for free and we have to work at it, but if they are a new company setting up then they of course need investigators, and I am ex Police, trained in surveillance and response. But all this is part of my investigation on them by me. All things point to the fact that it's a fraud, but the things I need to know are why? They've not asked for money, they've not asked for in depth details...so why and how are they going to benefit from this scam?
I found this forum and will participate in the future, but I was hoping for a little more assistance, or at least opinion and experience than this. But I also appreciate you're mostly experienced forum members here and are probably tired of people like me coming on and asking for opinions.

Thanks.

Knightsbridge

Full Registered User
I can see many of you have been contacted by them lol. I am still going to do some digging and will contact them to find out more.
If anyone else has any more info about them please let me know.
Thanks guys.

Visioneer

Super Moderator
From the original post onwards, EVERY respected member / contributor has advised that it's a scam and not to touch it with the proverbial bargepole.

As future 'industry professionals' I'd expect a little more cynicism / realism from prospective investigators. If you're this gullible in looking at prospective employers, god help you when it comes to vetting future clients.

V

david8732

Full Registered User
From the original post onwards, EVERY respected member / contributor has advised that it's a scam and not to touch it with the proverbial bargepole.

As future 'industry professionals' I'd expect a little more cynicism / realism from prospective investigators. If you're this gullible in looking at prospective employers, god help you when it comes to vetting future clients.

V
Not true, there has been conflicting opinions.

I am ex Police so hence I am cynical, that's why I am investigating this. I have virtually no experience when it come to looking for prospective employers, so you are wrong again... and of course very judgemental.

Top Bottom