Discreet Investigation Services

Not true, there has been conflicting opinions.

I am ex Police so hence I am cynical, that's why I am investigating this. I have virtually no experience when it come to looking for prospective employers, so you are wrong again... and of course very judgemental.

I second that when you mention looking for prospective employers..

Hi all,

I have just been contacted by 'Discreet Investigation Services'. They do seem pretty genuine but i'm still a little wary as i know there are so many out there that do scam people. Has anybody heard of them and can anyone tell me if they are the real deal before i apply?

Knightsbridge,

You have asked a question and it has been answered....

"If they are the real deal?"

No, this is a scam, now how many fluffy nice ways can this be said?

As for V being judgmental, he is old and clever and at the top of his game therefore allowed to judge naivety or stupidity or over whatever it is for exactly what it is!
if you feel he is wrong it is you who is being judgmental, he is correct by the way.

It's a scam!!! or possibly a duck, I heard walking and quacking earlier
I'll need to read this long winded thread again!

Regards

premier

premier,

I came on this site to seek help and advice on getting into this industry and the last thing i expected to get was sarcastic, rude comments.
Apologies for being a newbie whilst you are (obviously) well experienced! lol but give us guys a break why don't you and have some understanding of our situation in trying to get into this field of work. We have all been in these situations, including yourself, so just bare that in mind.
I would like to ask how you definitely know that this is a scam and what exactly gives that away if you are so sure.
Is it possible to receive a reply without any funny comments plz?

Cheers.

premier,

I came on this site to seek help and advice on getting into this industry and the last thing i expected to get was sarcastic, rude comments.
Apologies for being a newbie whilst you are (obviously) well experienced! lol but give us guys a break why don't you and have some understanding of our situation in trying to get into this field of work. We have all been in these situations, including yourself, so just bare that in mind.
I would like to ask how you definitely know that this is a scam and what exactly gives that away if you are so sure.
Is it possible to receive a reply without any funny comments plz?

Cheers.

Our opinion is based on several previous companies sending (spamming) out the exact same email to a large amount of people.

They promise exactly the same and once you start training they will start to ask for money.
Once they get found out they close down and restart the same scam with a different company name.

It's been ongoing for years.

Try it, you have nothing to lose I guess, but when they ask for any sort of payment you will have your answer.

There is a multitude of threads on this.
Wikileaks, Q investigations and NN investigation are 3 of the previous companies which spring to mind.
Use the search bar and you can make up your own mind.
Good luck.

Knightsbridge,

Did you register an interest with the company or did you receive a generic email / spam email /mail shot?

As many others received the same unsolicited email within hours of each other and for the benefit of this discussion I'm guessing yours was also an unsolicited email!

Now if you want to go and do the "free training" please do, then you can come back here and let us all know how much you have made from your new venture.

I've just done a quick check via companies house and credit-safe
You may want to carry out some due diligence checks before wasting any time

Regards

premier

Last edited:
Knightsbridge,

Did you register an interest with the company or did you receive a generic email / spam email /mail shot?

As many others received the same unsolicited email within hours of each other and for the benefit of this discussion I'm guessing yours was also an unsolicited email!

Now if you want to go and do the "free training" please do, then you can come back here and let us all know how much you have made from your new venture.

I've just done a quick check via companies house and credit-safe
You may want to carry out some due diligence checks before wasting any time

Regards

premier

Thank you for your email.
As you have guessed, i was contacted by them and it definitely looks a generic email.
I have also just been doing the same search on Companies House and i'm saddened by this and the way people are scammed.

I'm now aware and thanks for the info.

Knightsbridge.

Our opinion is based on several previous companies sending (spamming) out the exact same email to a large amount of people.

They promise exactly the same and once you start training they will start to ask for money.
Once they get found out they close down and restart the same scam with a different company name.

It's been ongoing for years.

Try it, you have nothing to lose I guess, but when they ask for any sort of payment you will have your answer.

There is a multitude of threads on this.
Wikileaks, Q investigations and NN investigation are 3 of the previous companies which spring to mind.
Use the search bar and you can make up your own mind.
Good luck.

Hi,l

Thanks for giving me all this information. It's been a real eye opener and now i am fully aware of how they scam people.

It's sad that this happens.

Knightsbridge.

To apply you need to be reasonably mature, (ideally over 30, and we don't have an upper age limit as long as your are mobile) , resourceful, observant, organised and be willing to work hard.

I'm screwed. I haven't been 'reasonable' or 'mature' for years.

Can I sue for discrimination against cranky old bastards ?

V :(

You say you haven't been mature for years. That insinuates that you were at one point mature.

Now Vis, we all know that's not entirely true is it.....? You've never been mature.....;-)

Heno

Hi,l

Thanks for giving me all this information. It's been a real eye opener and now i am fully aware of how they scam people.

It's sad that this happens.

Knightsbridge.

Hi I did some digging, they not registered at companies house, and the office is rented by the day. they also have mailbox forwarding.

Regards

Dave

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but searching for 'discreet investigation service scan' brought me here.

Basically I signed up and decided to run with it until the point they asked me for any money to see exactly where the scam is.

They don't ask for any money, at any point. What they do is give you a case and insist that you search using deep-search.net at a cost of £50. You can only pay via bank transfer and then claim back as expenses. Very elaborate scam, and I haven't got a spare £50 to prove that this is the case, but thought I'd share my findings. Has anyone used deep-search.net successfully?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but searching for 'discreet investigation service scan' brought me here.

Basically I signed up and decided to run with it until the point they asked me for any money to see exactly where the scam is.

They don't ask for any money, at any point. What they do is give you a case and insist that you search using deep-search.net at a cost of £50. You can only pay via bank transfer and then claim back as expenses. Very elaborate scam, and I haven't got a spare £50 to prove that this is the case, but thought I'd share my findings. Has anyone used deep-search.net successfully?

What is their training like? How long is it? I take it that it's all done online, no classroom?

Sorry- posted too soon. All online and free with questions at the end of each section. Took a few hours, but I'm not spending money on the deep search site. I think they're the same company- can't find any rmoney views on deepsearch.

It covered some things I didn't already know, but I feel nowhere near qualified lol. I feel qualified enough to search 192 and electoral role websites, but not stupid enough to hand over £50 to an unverified search company.

I'll leave this thread open, because it's far too funny / serious, to close.

1) If anybody seriously believes the offers by this and similar prospective employers / trainers have a chance of being genuine, you're far too naive to be contemplating a career in the 'Security Industry'.

2) If the companies making such offers care to contact me, I'll be delighted to go along, have a meeting, and invest my time and hard earned cash should they convince me they're genuine.

3) There's about as much chance of convincing me, and other long standing members of this forum that any of these 'professional investigators / trainers' are genuine, as there are of convincing us that The Faeries at the bottom of the garden should be a preserved species.

Peter @ ISS being an honourable exception. His place is so huge, he's still finding dinosaurs in the undergrowth.

V :)

It covered some things I didn't already know, but I feel nowhere near qualified lol. I feel qualified enough to search 192 and electoral role websites, but not stupid enough to hand over £50 to an unverified search company.

lowey75,

If you want to test your skills as an investigator try to find the man who collects the £50 payments!
I did it, took around 15 minutes, I do enjoy a bit of data mining especially when the person has tried a little bit to conceal their details.

It will be good practice and it is free!

Regards

premier

Back