Discreet Investigation Services

You're wayyyy too innocent to play with the grown-ups !

V :)

And before you / anybody, chips in with your revised post, stating that is free....until.....

That's exactly the point !

I was answering a question. I'm not naive- that's the whole point of my post. I'm NOT parting with any money- people earlier in the thread couldn't see where the scam was as the site doesn't take any money. I was pointing out that it's another site taking the money.

lowey75,

If you want to test your skills as an investigator try to find the man who collects the £50 payments!
I did it, took around 15 minutes, I do enjoy a bit of data mining especially when the person has tried a little bit to conceal their details.

It will be good practice and it is free!

Regards

premier

Done that. Also found that the live chat on both sites are hosted by one and the same.

I was trying to be helpful in case anyone was preparing to part with money- a few people earlier in the thread wanted 'proof' that it's a scam. I was just trying to show exactly how it's a scam.

lowey75,

Good effort, stick around you might like it here!

If you want to train with a reputable training provider there are a couple here I'd recommend.

ISS or CTR

Regards

premier

lowey75,

Good effort, stick around you might like it here!

If you want to train with a reputable training provider there are a couple here I'd recommend.

ISS or CTR

Regards

premier

Thank you. My strength is definitely in online investigation but it's just for fun.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but searching for 'discreet investigation service scan' brought me here.

Basically I signed up and decided to run with it until the point they asked me for any money to see exactly where the scam is.

They don't ask for any money, at any point. What they do is give you a case and insist that you search using deep-search.net at a cost of £50. You can only pay via bank transfer and then claim back as expenses. Very elaborate scam, and I haven't got a spare £50 to prove that this is the case, but thought I'd share my findings. Has anyone used deep-search.net successfully?

I have just received a 'case from Discreet Investigation Services.... it looked genuine. They don't insist that you used 'Deep-search' however they imply that you should. I did! I paid for 3 searches (to save money by bulk buying), and sure enough, i received a report back on the person Discreet Investigation Services had asked me to locate. The report came back with basically 'couldn't be found'. HOWEVER.... i also submitted a request for a search on someone (for my own reasons) , and that report has yet to materialise!!! Despite numerous messages and voicemails, i am getting no response from Deep Search and can only assume that they - and Discreet Investigations - are one and the same company. I would love to hear if anyone else has been successful with Deep-Search.net

I would love to hear if anyone else has been successful with Deep-Search.net

The old saying of

"A fool and their money soon parted"

Springs to mind, I can't believe how STUPID people are, for someone wanting to get into investigations especially so!

I have some magic beans for sale if anyone wants to send cash.

Regards

premier

The old saying of

"A fool and their money soon parted"

Springs to mind, I can't believe how STUPID people are, for someone wanting to get into investigations especially so!

I have some magic beans for sale if anyone wants to send cash.

Regards

premier

Paypal ?

V :)

Thank you for the sarcasm - very helpful!

This is the first time i have ever joined a forum, however if this is the way they work, i.e people are simply ridiculed, then i think i'll just leave.

This is the first time i have ever joined a forum, however if this is the way they work, i.e people are simply ridiculed, then i think i'll just leave.

Did you not do some digging or investigating of your own before parting with your cash?
So easy to notice this one was a scam, alarm bells should have been ringing from the very first email correspondence.

dianestop,

I am always somewhat surprised when someone hoping to become an investigator falls for a scam, as by the very nature of the job an investigator should be cautious of information offered or received and know the difference between info and intel.
They should use due diligence to determine the best course of action and proceed with care!

The fact that you paid to used a service that was recommended to you by the principal contractor or any third party should surely tell you there is a problem, do you often get a task and a connect the dot plan to follow?

If you hope to be an investigator read this thread and chose a reputable training provider nearest to you.

If you've already gone, hopefully others can learn from your mistakes and not be scammed.

Regards

premier

Discrete Investigation Services - SCAM

Discrete Investigation Services - Based in Newcastle is a SCAM.

They advertise that they are trading from 116 Quayside, in fact the management team at this address have confirmed that they in fact have never traded from this address. A Investigation company by the name of Insight in fact do trade from the address and have no involvement what so ever with Discrete Investigation Services. There are now legal proceeding against Discreet Investigation Services. Additionally when looking into their details further the domain has been registered to:

Stephen Matthews
Discreet Investigations
West gate Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
NE4 9PQ
UK
+44.7704975822
email@discreetinvestigationservice.com

Funnily enough there is another agency trading as a satellite office from this address by the name of Newcastle Detectives - Private Investigators Newcastle upon Tyne AKA LocalPI, this lot say they have 157 branches, they are in fact satellite offices with no presence. When I contacted the management team at West Gate Rd, they confirmed that Discreet Investigation Services where using their address as a satellite office. When I requested a telephone number for them they suggested I speak to Newcastle Detectives? Unfortunately their number is voice mail only.

Over the last few days, Discreet Investigation Services website has gone down, on the lead up to the site going down their live chat become unavailable.

Discreet Investigation Services, hand out cases to be worked on, they request that you use deep-search.net and 192.com to carry out people tracing, I have checked out the links to these sites and they are both affiliate links, which means that if you decide to do a search using either o,r or both platforms then Discreet Investigation Services receive a commission. Surprisingly since their website went down deep-search followed suite.

I made contact with them via their live chat on their website, a rep from their business by the name of Dave, I think needs a personality transplant, he is rude and abrupt For a company looking to attract new blood you would think he would be more receptive. Unless they have ulterior motives, who knows..............

Anyway hope the above helps!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I have just been contacted by 'Discreet Investigation Services'. They do seem pretty genuine but i'm still a little wary as i know there are so many out there that do scam people. Has anybody heard of them and can anyone tell me if they are the real deal before i apply?

I was offered a job by Discreet Investigation Services of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Their site has now disappeared, as has that of Deep Search, who charge for a "full background check" and are paid via a direct bank transfer to the Bank Of Ireland. Stephen Matthews, of Discreet Investigation Services, has a premium rate phone number starting with 0844. Scam scam scam.

Sadly, scammers like this one are rife on the Internet. I wonder how much money people actually parted with to this person or people? No doubt they're off to rig up another project to dupe people into parting with their hard earnt money.

I'm eager to see what the next scam PI company will be called.
Only a matter of time then we will have another thread relating to the new firm.
"Is this company legitimate "!
It offers me free training and work so it must be legit.

I'm eager to see what the next scam PI company will be called.
Only a matter of time then we will have another thread relating to the new firm.
"Is this company legitimate "!
It offers me free training and work so it must be legit.

Indeed, that's why these fraudsters are so clever; they close one scam down & open up another one. Even if they get a few people to part with their money it's job done!

Back