Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ellers

Full Registered User
I want everybody to get in on this question

DOES SIZE MATTER?

Is it better to be 6' 6" and built like a brick s**t house to be successful in the world of CP.

Answers on a postcard...

ELLERS

D

Deleted member 33

Ellers,

In the real world of high level CP, average height and build is perfect for the role. Being larger stands out and draws attention to the VIP group. Low profile protection involving advanced counter work is the elite of protection methods. You will find that the larger individuals are more suited to 'Minder' type work where risk mitigation is not the subject of discussion.

Rich H

Working as an average height female CP, I find the closer you look to the principal the less attention you attract, which is best for low profile high risk Close Protection or surveillance taskings.
To go short: Mrs Average, adabtable and blending in with working environment works for me.

P.S. Being small is a lot more comfortable in the back of a vehicle with all your weapons, sweating your tits off in your body armour.

Last edited:

apple27

Full Registered User
There is no perfect height or build as every situation is different. If I was working a team in London or any place where weapons were not allowed to be carried, then a team that had a variety of size/build would be preferable. If working a high threat job in Iraq of Afghanistan, then I would be more concerned that the team were all capable of doing their job to the highest possible level, regardless of how they were built.
As for Sunny's comment about being small is more comfortable in the back of a vehicle etc.......well, I suppose it is, but if your height/build means that you are unable to carry all your gear (I weighed myself in Baghdad with all my gear/armour/weapons and it was about 5 stone/70lbs) then maybe being that small may well be a problem.

CPO445

Full Registered User
Some very interesting points, there is certainly room for all, sex, size, race etc, but this still can and will always be very much down to the job requirements.. Sunny you did make me chuckle, without going into detail we have come across each other before and I can just imagine you surrounded by weapons sweating your tits off. LOL

hippy

sweating your tits off in your body armour.
Oh dear... i do hope not... On a more serious note, yes its great to be the greyman normally, however size does help on occasion... I'm a very average 5'11 and 14 stone... Try moving a celeb through a crowd... On those occasions it is very handy to have a couple of human bulldozers to hand....

GLYNN

Full Registered User
Size well!! i am a cpo and have been since leaving the army. size has not been a problem for me over the last 17 years in the job. But now at 5-4inches and getting older a (smart) is needed for a back up vechicle! LOL

Taff

Full Registered User
size does not matter as long as your fit enough for the job and you have the underpining knowledge and skills to get the job done.

Nigelpc

Full Registered User
I say size doesn't matter..... my missus disagrees. LoL. I couldn't help but giggle every time I saw my 6'08" pal trying to load into the front of the armoured motor! Sadly, it did break his back in the end.

Top Bottom