Does the job surveillance operative can involve only foot surveillance ?

Most people on here would have an advanced driving qualification of some description so my advice would be to just do your test buddy.

Foot surveillance, why am I getting thoughts of the Pink Panther in my mind lol...

Good luck

Col

You have to be able to do both foot and driving and the surv course involves driving as well to gain the qualification

You have to be able to do both foot and driving and the surv course involves driving as well to gain the qualification

Pete at ISS has said on here in the past that he will take and pass people with NO D/L.

The job of surveillance operative can include dancing on your head if that is what you want to do, but you may not get very far in the grand scheme of things.

If all you want to do is foot surveillance, no one is going to stop you.

However, as the others have said, foot surveillance on its own limits you quite a lot. Many of the people we receive on our foot surveillance courses are CPO’s or investigators who operate in London on a frequent basis, that can also drive.

We do allow those who do not drive on our Foot & Mobile Surveillance Courses. On the last course, we had two students from abroad (who did not want to drive on our side of the road for safety reasons), we have a guy from Norway on the course starting tomorrow and I guess he will be in the same boat. We have also had those with a driving ban and sometimes the odd one who does not drive at all.

For the ‘non’ drivers, they can still obtain the qualification, as driving ‘per se’ is not part of the assessment. On a 5 day course the cars work ‘2 up’, therefore the driver drives and the passenger gives a running commentary etc, just like most enforcement agencies in the UK. This may not be ideal in the commercial sector as most guys work ‘1 up’ but the students know and understand this when they enroll on a course.

Swordsman, if you want to know further, you can call our office and get it from the horses mouth.

Neighhh…… Peter @ ISS Training Ltd

Pete when did the syllubus change to gain the qualification as it used to be driving and commentary was one of the modules.
jacquie

Jacquie,

The syllabus hasn't changed. It's always included mobile surveillance techniques, methods and procedures together with accurate commentary.

What you don't get assessed on, is the actual 'behind the wheel' bit, otherwise we'd be failing a lot more students than we do!

Peter

Back