Votes: 6 5.5%
  • £14

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Over £14

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters

mally1

Administrator
If your a door supervisor, bouncer, doorman etc please let us know hour much you get paid per hour using the poll answers.

I'm trying to find out what the average pay is at the moment.

thanks

Mally

Adverage pay in the Midlands for a new doorman is between £9.50 - £10 (£10 is the usual) head doormans pay stats at £11 and increases with experiance.

It varies a lot form area to area. There is also a worrying trend of people who have the paper qualifications but no real aptitude or ability to do the job, these people are often prepared to work for less and are bringing the pay and standards down

I was in Blackpool last weekend and went into a bar, which was down some steps, sorry can't recall the name.

As soon as I went in, heard the music and recognised the drug up pissheads on the dance floor I though this is a sh*t hole!

It was one of those occassions where you can't wait to finish your drink and move on.

About 100 people in the bar and 1 x female door staff stood at the entrance, no one other than bar staff in the bar itself.

Pretty poor show as I always thought a show of force at the front door normally deters alot of bother happening later on inside.

Door staff working alone shouldn't be accepted.

in cambridge it was £8ph once i got my sia cp licence it went up to £12 dont know why if you do private door work its a lot more

wullie

there 2 many wannebees on the doors now some are only 18 well i dont think the person so young has the right attutude you need common sense and its not how hard you think you are its how you deal with ppl the old days of slapping someone are gone well i hope they are lol i still think ex forces make good door staff male/female any comments please

wullie psd iraq

Hey guys, im a University Student, nearly 19 (big lad rugby lad) :)
Iv got a job working at my student union as a door supervisor, they have paid for the training but i have to pay the £245 for the SIA license. They are paying £7.50 an hour does this seem a fair wage, im not contracted in with them even though they paid the tuition fees but they just ask for some loyalty. Look forward to any views/ opinions?

Hey guys, im a University Student, nearly 19 (big lad rugby lad) :)
Iv got a job working at my student union as a door supervisor, they have paid for the training but i have to pay the £245 for the SIA license. They are paying £7.50 an hour does this seem a fair wage, im not contracted in with them even though they paid the tuition fees but they just ask for some loyalty. Look forward to any views/ opinions?

£7.50 an hour is a joke.

I quit the doors last year, but depeding wat door i was working,i was paid between £15-18 per hour stay safe ram out.

mate tell em for 7.50 p/h you will sleep, when you get a sia licence the minimum you want is £10 p/h depends on your qualitys,the dangers you will go threw etc,in manchester ware ime from the basic ,is £10 p/h i know a head doorman in the printworks who earns over £25 p/h all depends on you the company and the venue,but dont sell your self short,stay safe ram out.

Stopped working the doors xmas just gone, As HD in a city nightclub was making the same money per/wk as when I started on the doors 8yrs ago. Started with no ex with a local badge on £7.50 p/h lots of hours. Then moved from town to City and got £9 p/h. Then when the SIA came into force was promised all door men would be on £15+ p/h as there would be a short fall of DS. As we all know that never happened!!! Where did all the jacket fillers come from? Than become HD on £12 p/h but then was told that I didn't need to on from the start of the night. Then when 3am came around and the punters started to thin out was told I didn't need to be on then also. So lost even more hours. Moved around with other firms but found this to be the same every where I worked!

Thanks all for your input, i don't think they want us to start until September anyways because this teaching year is almost over, and so there wont be much demand for door supervisors. I'll work for them a small amount and then just leave i think. Ram man im from Manchester to, do you work for a firm or direct with a club, do you know any good places to work with a decent wage (that is when i get my SIA badge, im waiting for the application form to come through).

Thanks, Jason.

I have been told many times by 'Joe Bloggs' that "I could do your job". When they are shown the scars and injuries they soon change they're minds. In my opinion a £12/£15 an hour back then was worth the rick of a serious injury.......£7.50 an hour in 2008 is not.

Before emigrating, I worked in Manchester. The rate of pay was £12 an hour but that was back in 2002. I hear that they are now paying a lot less, this is probably due to the number of immigrants who will work a smaller salary. A former colleague informed me that there are quite a few DS's around that don't even have a good enough grasp of the English language to deal with day to day situations. I hold the employers responsible as, understandably, a cheaper workforce means increased profits.

The result is that the market is flooded with cheap labour, most of whom are incapable of making a decision and as a result the bars and clubs will be once again a free for all; with frightened bouncers hiding in the toilets and looking at the floor when some 'Head' enters the club and refuses to pay.

In its conception the SIA seemed like a good idea insomuch as a national regulatory body that monitored and, to a lesser extent, controlled the industry. The system has collapsed with many experienced and proficient DS being refused a liscence due to their pedigree. Most doors are now staffed by jacket fillers but at the end of the day, if you pay peanuts......you get monkey's.

the quality of doorman now is horrendous,you have poundstretcher security guards being given work alongside experienced proffesionals on volatile venues just because he has a badge,ive been doing the doors almost 7 years which seems to be relatively long time for someone to have been doing it these days since the sia came into effect.somebody said before theres alot of 18 year old kids out there doing it and ballsing it up,i definatly agree,however i started when i was 18 but kinda did an aprentiship where i had to work the inside untill the experienced doorlads felt i was ready to work the front,this was on a very understaffed 2000 capacity venue in manchester city centre with a big salford crowd,this in my opinion has made me the doorman (and a fucking good one at that) that i am today.My point though is that now they stick them straight in the thick of it and they crumble coz that aint got a clue.and people get hurt (and its usually the good doormen that try to sort out the shite the craps ones have caused)

Back