Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

e-petition to UK Government to increase standards in Close Protection training

Ivan67

Longterm Registered User
Ivan,just read your post ,you looking for address to use in the UK ?
Yes, that would not screw this up would it since I do not live there. I just think it is a good cause and changed have often started first in the UK before it spread around the world for the better. If it would harm this then no I would not want to do that.

Kind Regards,

Leal

I am ex-mod; I’d like to enter the CP industry. I know that good training, a robust, varied skill set is paramount for a C.V. Equally the right training and quals are important, I want to be trained by the best and gain good quals that are recognized internationally.
I found a course run by UCP Security the only internationally recognised course of its type? It contains quals that will be a license industry requirements soon.
It Inc: CP, FPOS, Firearms 9mm + 5.56 & 7.62 I will gain quals for each, four in total at level 3. It’s a 23 day course. Close Protection Training
Any feedback regarding the course and also any help and advice that will help me build a solid career within the industry would be appreciated.
Any intro's leading to field experience would be really appreciated, the training alone wont cut it, I need experience, start at the bottom and work up, pay reflecting experience building within a company senior role.
Thanks in advance

keeniemeenieman

Longterm Registered User
Yes, that would not screw this up would it since I do not live there. I just think it is a good cause and changed have often started first in the UK before it spread around the world for the better. If it would harm this then no I would not want to do that.

Kind Regards,
Ivan,no i dont think there is a problem with you registering your vote,the form askes if you are a British citizen with a yes or no box,and address ,email etc.Pm Sent.

Haganah2008

Full Registered User
Looks as if there is only some 375+ signatures? Thats not a lot :-( I have done my bit anyway. Plus shared it on fb.

D

Deleted member 33

It's not a lot but now to be expected in an industry whereby everyone complains yet fails to step up and be counted.

No one wants to do anything for the good and benefit of - especially without being paid for it - as proven when reviewing the CP National Occupational Standards. Plenty of people that agree that standards are not where they should be yet for some reason cannot be bothered to do anything about it.

Quite baffling in a way but not in another. Speaks volumes of the industry and those that claim to work and care about it...

SCT

It's not a lot but now to be expected in an industry whereby everyone complains yet fails to step up and be counted.

No one wants to do anything for the good and benefit of - especially without being paid for it - as proven when reviewing the CP National Occupational Standards. Plenty of people that agree that standards are not where they should be yet for some reason cannot be bothered to do anything about it.

Quite baffling in a way but not in another. Speaks volumes of the industry and those that claim to work and care about it...
If I may, can I add that when someone does try to change the status quo for the better, it is actively resisted by the very people that profess to support increases in standards. Its not only CP, this applies across the board including firearms training. It makes you wonder.....

tapmaster

Longterm Registered User
I have signed the petition and believe that it is an excellent idea. The only problem or issue that I see for going forward is to have a collective voice about the industry and the direction we are headed. As stated when we look at the number of people with a CP License the number who have signed the petition is very small. The status quo many people don't want to think outside of.

The next issue is that the number of training providers will increase again. I remember a time when there was a handful of CP providers in the industry now that number is probably in the hundreds. With the standards being just to get licensed. Just because someone has a driving license does not make them a defensive driver or prepared to be a driver on protection detail. I know a lot of people who think they are qualified to carry a firearm after attending a one week course. The standards need to be honestly evaluated and if we truly want a CPO who is fit for purpose we should organize ourselves and agree to the direction we want the standards to be elevated to. Some people need to protected from themselves. Just because someone pays for a course does not mean they can actually do the job at hand. Which means that people who can't do the job should not be passed. Because the industry standard is the SIA License. With that license to the uninitiated means that the person presenting the license is up to standards set forth by the government.

Tapmaster

Top Bottom