Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Enhanced learning credits

Costa.Steven

Full Registered User
I have a quick question.
I have been told that i can use my enhanced learning credits for up the ten years after leaving the military which i did 15 months ago. Is this ture and if so how would i go about using them to pay toward a course like the Ronin South Africa course?
Many thanks

operator144

Longterm Registered User
If you visit the ELCAS website then the criteria for Ex- service personnel are on there. Short story is you check that the training provider is on the ELCAS approved list (there is a search function), print off the forms and send them to your relevant military point of contact. This has to be done 15 working days before the course is due to start (however, send them off sooner if poss). There is a percentage that you have to pay yourself though (explained on the forms).

ELC's

Hello mate

'Tis indeed true, you can use them up to ten years after you leave. This is however if you signed up to the scheme, this should have been done during your phase 1 or 2 training or within a small window of 2nd opportunity (can't recall the years and dates)
Best bet....Google 'Enhanced Learning Credits', give them a call and check if you have registered first, they will advise from there.

Did you not do any sort of resettlement when you left?

Good Luck

AJ

Costa.Steven

Full Registered User
operator144 Thanks for the advice will vist the website.

aj11 I left and went straight into another job as a translator so never bothered, i now i am registered. Looking back i wish i had used my resettlement but as i said i was walking straight into another job.

Fair play! You get 3 sets of £2k that can be used over a 10 year period, but you must find 20% of the cost (after your first lot).
You should have been appointed a local advosor who will handle your claims as a civvy, if unsure, give them a call pal.

AMBA738M

Longterm Registered User
I spoke to the RN Rep for ELCAS on Friday...Still entitled to 2 x claims for 10 years after leaving Corps.
ELCAS Will pay 80% of course fees up to £1k if you are on Lower Tier £2k if higher
Got seen off as i only had 7 years service when my time was up so on lower tier
Elcas started 2000.

Amba

Mac2019

Full Registered User
Hi mate
I left 14 month's ago and have the 2K, all the info is on the ELCAS web page, and the address to send it to. Thats what I am doing at the moment but the paperwork needs to be in 15 days before your course start's.

all the best

Mac

BenRM

Full Registered User
Hi mate, it depends on how long you served, I did 7 years so Im entitled to £1000 per year, (you can use it up to 3 seperate times), you have to stump up 20% of the course fees yourself and the training provider needs to be on the list of approved providers. All info needed can be found on the ELCAS website, good luck!

kvn86

Full Registered User
just to let you know ronin SA are still on the list of providers (search for close protection in the job description tab on the ELCAS website in the list of providers section), you get £1000 to use on 3 seperate financial years up to 10 years from TX'ing if you served less than 8 years, and £2000 again for 3 seperate financial years up to 10 years from TX'ing if you served more than 8 years. only downside is you sill have to coff up 20% of the course fee from your own pocket, a mate who used £1000 of the ELCAS towards the ronin SA course ended up having to pay roughly £500 of his own money, so not to bad for a 5k course.

good luck

kev

Top Bottom