Firearms training

moses86

I have just finished close protection course in the UK
Does anyone know a good company does a fire arms training for hostile environments?

Droggy

Full Registered User
I am surprised the CP course provider you jave just been with did not inform you.
Email Delta Training (Paul Dickson - pauldickson57@yahoo.co.uk he will know the best providor for this - and give advice - he has done lots of armed CP in Iraq and Afghanistan.

SCT

There's a New Sheriff in town and changes are a comin'

As many of you know we are a DoD and DoS Tier tactical firearms training supplier so you can consider the following to be from the horses mouth.

In line with the President's America First initiative we have been informed by our contacts in the Federal Government of some interesting changes to firearms certification requirements for ALL U.S. Government funded contracts coming down the line in Q3/Q4 2017.

The new regs will go something like this; any armed personnel operating on U.S. government funded contracts, operating on U.S. bases or operating alongside U.S. government personnel will be required to be certified by a SAM registered and approved (go to SAM and do a search for Space Coast Tactical LLC for an example) and DHS vetted training provider. For U.S. personnel it's no biggie. However, for TCN's it will mean a re-certification in the United States. It looks like they are trying to do 2 things.
  1. Impose homogenous standard
  2. Bring jobs back to the United States

I forecast that this would happen last year if Trump won and we spoke to several foreign TP's offering the use of our facilities and weapons in our down time to run their own compliant courses in Florida and we could certify their students for them in order to comply with any new federal requirements. "Trump will never win" they said, "It'll never happen" they said, "fcuk you" they said... etc etc etc. Well boys, who's laughing now? BTW, those of you who were rude to us last year (you know who you are) don't waste your dime calling.

Last edited:

DellK

Full Registered User
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a basic course in firearms (a kind of introductory/fundamental course) and I have come across a few options. Euro-Tactical seems a serious company and ESA in Poland seems very popular.

I know that EuroTactical don't use real ammo. Anyone knows what sort of bullets they use?

What do you think of the above options? Have you got any other suggestions or experiences? I prefer something in Europe.

Is it really important to use real ammo? I feel that it must make a difference not not sure whether I should have a strong opinion on this as my goal is to develop some personal skills around firearms and not really looking for training in order to do a career change.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your views.

SCT

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a basic course in firearms (a kind of introductory/fundamental course) and I have come across a few options. Euro-Tactical seems a serious company and ESA in Poland seems very popular.

I know that EuroTactical don't use real ammo. Anyone knows what sort of bullets they use?

What do you think of the above options? Have you got any other suggestions or experiences? I prefer something in Europe.

Is it really important to use real ammo? I feel that it must make a difference not not sure whether I should have a strong opinion on this as my goal is to develop some personal skills around firearms and not really looking for training in order to do a career change.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your views.

If you want to be serious about what you are doing then you need to train on the weapons platforms you expect to use, using real ammo. Anything else is just a game

counterforceslt

Longterm Registered User
If you want to be serious about what you are doing then you need to train on the weapons platforms you expect to use, using real ammo. Anything else is just a game

No argument,100% the only way ,the weapons platforms of issue and calibre of round.

DellK

Full Registered User

Definately and I can understand this. But there don't seem to be many options at least in Europe.

trublue

Longterm Registered User
If you believe that EURO TACTICAL do not use real ammo then you are an idiot, all of their training is conducted with full bore ammo (that means real ammo in case you did nt know) so please dont say things about a course provider on this forum that is incorrect.

I and many others will attest on this forum to conducting live firing with Euro Tactical and the proof is in their recommendations on there website where I am one of their previous attendees and I will not have a bad word said about the company or their training personnel.

SCT

Definately and I can understand this. But there don't seem to be many options at least in Europe.

And there never will be because in the glorious USSEU only the "authorities" can be trusted with guns just in case the people wake up one day and realise they are slaves.

Come to the U.S., there are plenty options. If you really must stay in Europe, then Eurotactical is your only real option.

BTW, where did you hear that Eurotactical don't use real ammo?

Last edited:

DellK

Full Registered User
If you believe that EURO TACTICAL do not use real ammo then you are an idiot,

Hey, why are you so rude?

In case you missed my question, I am asking for someone to clarify this for me.

And, BTW, thanks for clarifying this.

DellK

Full Registered User
And there never will be because in the glorious USSEU only the "authorities" can be trusted with guns just in case the people wake up one day and realise they are slaves.

Come to the U.S., there are plenty options. If you really must stay in Europe, then Eurotactical is your only real option.

BTW, where did you hear that Eurotactical don't use real ammo?

Sorry, my mistake. They do use real ammo. I thought that in Europe it was not allowed and only in Eastern European Countries (Czech Rep, Poland, etc.)

trublue

Longterm Registered User
DellK,

I am not being rude, if you had done your due diligence and researched EURO TACTICAL on this forum you would of found a few threads from guys saying they were an excellent training provider. I made some friends during my time over there, hence why I do not like bad things said about them

DellK

Full Registered User
I got in touch with a provider for firearms training. I was interested in getting some training in pistols but they told me that it is not correct to start with pistols and they suggested I start with rifle and then move to pistols.

What do you think of this?

Thanks

SCT

I got in touch with a provider for firearms training. I was interested in getting some training in pistols but they told me that it is not correct to start with pistols and they suggested I start with rifle and then move to pistols.

What do you think of this?

Thanks

What do I think? Firstly, you are the customer and you are paying the money so it's your choice. Second, if they actually told you "it is not correct to start with pistols", then my guess is that they are ex military and they have an attitude of "it has to be this way because it's always been this way in the military" without any real concept of training in the real world. Personally, if they said the former to me I would tell them they're full of shit and go somewhere where the trainers will assess you and give you a training roadmap

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
A Pistol is a tool
A Rifle is a different tool

Which tool are you going to need to use?
Train on that

Anyone who tells you different is putting their own personal/business objectives above your own.

Reactions: SCT

trublue

Longterm Registered User
If you book the 4 day course with EURO TACTICAL you will the do the first day and a half firing a pistol and doing Holster drills, you will then progress onto an array of Rifles firing full bore Ammo I might add.