First aid vs emergency first aid at work

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
I know this has probably been discussed before but just to clarify, may I ask...

Is it the same for DS and CP or can one do emergency first aid at work and the other need the more expensive first aid at work or is it the same for both? I'm just after doing FAAW.

Secondly, is it going to be a regular first aid refresher every time we renew? (either DS or CP)

CP must be an absolute minimum of FaaW

But most CP companies will not touch you if all people have done is FaaW.

Im assuming you are CP?

Last edited:
Great questions. For clarity, the distinctions between DS (Door Supervision) and CP (Close Protection) in terms of first aid requirements can vary. Typically, the basic Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) is suitable for both DS and CP roles. However, some employers may have specific preferences or requirements, so it's advisable to check with your employer or training provider to ensure compliance.

Regarding refreshers, the need for regular first aid refresher courses often depends on the specific regulations in your region and your employer's policies. In many cases, it's recommended to refresh your first aid skills regularly, especially considering the evolving nature of best practices and techniques. Confirming with your employer or training provider about the renewal process for both DS and CP roles would be a wise step to stay up-to-date and compliant.

Stay safe, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Last edited:
Back