FREC Medical Qualification Level 3/4

murf1977

Longterm Registered User
Good morning,

I have been reading about the new FREC LEVEL 3/4 qualification which is covered by OFQUAL.
This is a higher qual than the level 2 FPOS-I which seems to be the standard at the min.

Will this be the new qualifaction to gain for the security/medical industry.

Will this be replacing the IHCD Technican Course and will the quals after completing the required hands on hrs
and gaining clinical time allow you to apply for a paramedic degree place?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Murf

I am also very interested in hearing from security / medical and training companies reference this new FREC course, in particular private patient transport/ambulance providers - will this become the pre requisite to replace Fposi as an employment filter?

Rich

Last edited:
The level 3 syllabus is pretty ho-hum. The level 4 is better - both are improvements over Fpos. But without clinical hours they are just bits of paper.

Uni's will certainly recognise them - but as they like to say, they assess everybody on a case by case basis.

A

Last edited:
Looking at the syllabus it seems the 5 days is a carbon copy of a normal fposi - what's interesting is the 118 clinical/observing or research hours you must do within 20 weeks to get the level 3 qual, definitely raise standards overall I think.

I've spoken to a few training providers and the level 4 is not active yet but they hope to be soon with a level 5 diploma after to work towards.

What I'd really like to know and hopefully a medical recruitment company can help or perhaps a tp but where does this stand and compare with a private non nhs pre hospital med teck course?

I did a level 3 med teck 4 week course which accrued 20credits and have since logged 700plus practical hours as such would I benefit from this new level 3?

As alot know the level 3 I've got although good means jack to the nhs world if I applied, unless I've done their teck course which is longer - as this FREC is officially recognised will the nhs recruit from it?

Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Good morning,

I have been reading about the new FREC LEVEL 3/4 qualification which is covered by OFQUAL.
This is a higher qual than the level 2 FPOS-I which seems to be the standard at the min.

Will this be the new qualifaction to gain for the security/medical industry.

Will this be replacing the IHCD Technican Course and will the quals after completing the required hands on hrs
and gaining clinical time allow you to apply for a paramedic degree place?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Murf

Don't know, no and no in that order

Looking at the syllabus it seems the 5 days is a carbon copy of a normal fposi - what's interesting is the 118 clinical/observing or research hours you must do within 20 weeks to get the level 3 qual, definitely raise standards overall I think.

I've spoken to a few training providers and the level 4 is not active yet but they hope to be soon with a level 5 diploma after to work towards.

What I'd really like to know and hopefully a medical recruitment company can help or perhaps a tp but where does this stand and compare with a private non nhs pre hospital med teck course?

I did a level 3 med teck 4 week course which accrued 20credits and have since logged 700plus practical hours as such would I benefit from this new level 3?

As alot know the level 3 I've got although good means jack to the nhs world if I applied, unless I've done their teck course which is longer - as this FREC is officially recognised will the nhs recruit from it?

Any thoughts anyone?

Just completed my FREC 3 and I will add that yes there is odds an sods of FPOS (I) but its more detailed and I used the Med book I used on my MIRA, and it is replacing FPOS (I) with FPOS being no more as of the end of this month (October 16) I'm no medic guru just do whats required to keep up to date and speed with the ever changing First Aid World. Its still very hush hush tho at the mo, well it is in the sandpit anyway, nobody knows what it is here and well I'm the first where I'm working to have done the course.

Back