G4S accommodation misinformation leads to them losing 5 TL's

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
27/02/2012 I was contacted by G4S inviting me to attended an assessment in upton part for a Team Leader role for the olympics on the email it stated that accommodation will be provided. So I attended this assessment and had been offered the role over the last 12 weeks I've been jumping through hoops for G4S with vetting screening and them losing my documents over the 12 weeks I spoke with G4S regularly and each time I asked about accommodation and each time they said yes it is supplied. Now just today I have been told that accommodation will only be provided for people working in other venues outside of london and if they are needed in london then it will be provided. On the email I received back in feb stated approx £12 per hour, how in gods green earth did they think I could get digs, travel and feed myself in london for the duration of the contract on £12 per hour? Now I will be jobless over the summer months as my employer has given me unpaid leave and have replaced me with a temp I also give up events and festivals to free myself for G4S.

Do I have an argument to bring to G4S given the misinformation on humours occasions?

IDS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Good old G4$. They have done it again. £12 per hour as a TL, what planet are they on? I feel for you mate, having jumped through hoops etc. I done a days work for them at The Epsom Derby, it took me 7 months, YES, 7 (seven) months to get my £81.87 from them and for what? F**K all. I dont bother doing events or anything to do with G4$ anymore, lesson learned the hard way.

Good luck buddy.

I rang up this morning and told them that all the way down the line I was told accommodation would be provided, totally fed up of the way they cant organise even a pissup in a brewery

Have we any idea how many people are affected by this. If there's a whole load of people that all post to say that they were promised accomodation, you can get together and get a solicitor to sue them. Who knows, if they realise that people are getting together to do something about it they might realise they have to organise accomodation.

If only the security workers could get themselves organised and united, you all might be treated with a little more respect.
If only there was a body that could act on your behalf.
If only.

Ask those who earn minimum wage in London how they get by on what they earn a day mate.

12 hour shift? =144 a day.. 3 McDonalds =15 leaves you 129 x 7 days a week =903 I'm sure the shittiest digs in London can be had for 20 quid a night .. leaves you with 100 per day..
Call mates, call in favours, the average worker in London doesn't earn as much as 12 quid an hour, and they survive fella, sorry if this sounds harsh.. Call other TL's and rent a flat for the duration between you all..
Also where's the other 4 TL's involved in this? as it says G4S loses 5 TL's ..erm they've lost nothing mate, as they'll fill these slots up either way. I'm not saying G4S are in the wrong here, but they don't really care about the little man, as it's all about the Kaching for them..

Ask those who earn minimum wage in London how they get by on what they earn a day mate.

12 hour shift? =144 a day.. 3 McDonalds =15 leaves you 129 x 7 days a week =903 I'm sure the shittiest digs in London can be had for 20 quid a night .. leaves you with 100 per day..
Call mates, call in favours, the average worker in London doesn't earn as much as 12 quid an hour, and they survive fella, sorry if this sounds harsh.. Call other TL's and rent a flat for the duration between you all..
Also where's the other 4 TL's involved in this? as it says G4S loses 5 TL's ..erm they've lost nothing mate, as they'll fill these slots up either way. I'm not saying G4S are in the wrong here, but they don't really care about the little man, as it's all about the Kaching for them..
You're not taking into account that costs for temporary accomodation during the Olympics has rocketted and is going to be very hard to find at such short notice.

As for them finding more people to fill the slots, they were already struggling to get the numbers needed, I doubt they have many spare and they can't just get new people without vetting them.

Here comes that 20%+ shortfall on the first day I was talking about.
People will either not turn up, or walk.
Especially if G4S take a we don't give a stuff attitude.
They'll either work without them, and leave security holes all over the place or ship in unchecked, or EU workers on some back door working.
Either way, the TV seems the safer and more reliable way to see the games I would say.
And that's just the first day, the first week, will be an even bigger mess, as G4S will treat them like shite.
6 months down the line, loads will still not have been paid judging by some posts we've seen,
Get 50% of your money up front, might be good advice.

I don't really see why everyone is jumping on this Olympic bandwagon. It's going to be the biggest mess up since Arnold Schwarzenegger had a love child with his house keeper.

When everyone is vying for a place on this such prestigious event, when everyone has their eye on the London ball, why not think outside the box and bin the idea?

Go for CP jobs abroad.

Rich H

I don't really see why everyone is jumping on this Olympic bandwagon. It's going to be the biggest mess up since Arnold Schwarzenegger had a love child with his house keeper.

When everyone is vying for a place on this such prestigious event, when everyone has their eye on the London ball, why not think outside the box and bin the idea?

Go for CP jobs abroad.

Rich H

Well not everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, there's plenty that are avoiding it like the plague. But for those that have applied and are now finding out that accomodation isn't provided it is now late for either finding accomodation or other work.

As for security being left short, there's 7500 armed forces that are not paid by the hour and do not have restrictions on how many hours they work. So I think they will be making up any shortfall.

Maybe so LW but nevertheless, it remains a focal point for all those 'SIA licensed' out of work.

Rich H

Yes, mostly for those who are inexperienced and think its going to look great on their CV and/or its going to be great fun being at such a big event. I've seen it too many times at events where the new ones walk off or don't do their job properly once they find out they don't actually see the event and have to work hard.

G4S have been selling the Olympic dream since day one - and everyone believes they will be on red carpets, gala events, ceremonies, trackside and whatever else. When they find they are somewhere on the perimeter patrolling (read: monging out) for 12 hours a day for the duration, how many do we think will be there at the end...

Burying my head in the sand... I am good though, getting some bruises (focusing on my fisticuffs for a bit) how are you?

Did anyone here know security companies with missing staff are subject to fines from LOCOG? (Laughing Of Cocked-up Olympic Games)

Back