G4S Olympics Team Leaders, anyone pass vetting yet?

irish
im in the same boat. still waiting out. only after getting my ctc clearance after waiting a year for it. olympics might be over by the time they get the basic stuff sorted.

u get the guggi package??? or u sorting yourself out with digs???

Im waiting for vetting as well. Have another interview for a higher job next week may get more info then, if i do i will post.

I'm still waiting, they sent me a disclosure scotland last week so things must be moving on..

I thought you hated G4S?

what my disgust with the company is that its size makes the quality suffer.
I dunno if its worth going to work at the games.
theres going to be a lot of un-vetted people next to CPO's and DS. I think the whole staffing organisation is going to be an actual sham and totally un organised.
with their ill-trained and un-experienced work force. Shine with their workers who can't speak english and will be out on the nick every day.....Shine with their fantastic supervisor and HR systems.

Then something started to change!!!
I'm trying desperately not to do it (will be a sham)

Did you get bitten on the neck or something?
I will confess I have applied to go work at the Olympics.I am not going to be a grunt at the bottom, but a supervisor (god help us all!)

What turned you to the Dark Side?
Guess your part of the mighty G4s 'family' !!!

Last edited:
I thought you hated G4S?

Then something started to change!!!

Did you get bitten on the neck or something?

What turned you to the Dark Side?

No no no no,

I still dislike G4S, but I will work for them this summer

Why, graduating from uni, no full time job, no prospects for jobs for graduates at the moment, need to make money - pretty much as soon as I finish uni I can walk straight into work for G4 at 2012, gives me 2 months work, 2 months pay, 2 months to find my feet and find a proper job.

I may not like it but I sure as hell will use it to my advantage

I was offered a Group Leader role. Have completed and returned vetting paperwork. Ive been told I will get accommodation, though Ive heard some folk will have to sort their own. Be interested to know about this and exact dates for work. Im sure I read somewhere that the money for the training phase was pretty rubbish?

Myself and 2 mates applied for this, all 3 of us interviewed down at West Hams ground 29th Feb. Myself and 1 other got offered supervisors / team leaders post on Search Response, other guy got offered VSG (presumed to be Venue Security Guard). Last I heard was that one of my personal referees had been contacted by them about 2 weeks ago, havent heard anything since. If the staff doing the screen / vetting are anything like the ones doing the interviewing then it could be called the Fun and Games not the Olympic Games. For a company the size of G4S it would be assumed that they would be able to get a wiggle on and sort things out PDQ as I am holding other roles off till I hear back from them

I only just had my interview and got team leader on Wednesday 11/4/12.

I'm interested in finding out if its possible to get accommodation and how to go about it?

Can anyone help?

I was offered a TL role and its been nothing but a nightmare since. There were documents handed in at the interview, they then lost half of it, the information typed in hadn't been saved. I was then informed I need to email the documents again, the screening team didn't recieve it and it went on like this for about a month. I then got a letter saying all the info is complete and they would contact me. They then told me that there was something MISSING! JESUS WEPT! So I provided it again and I recently got my disclosure form which I have sent. Not heard anything since. I have never worked with a more disorganised company. It is really worrying to think there is less than 100 days left and they still have to train guys up, get some guys a DS badge and still be competent for what they are calling the biggest security operation since World War II. Rant over, I'm done chasing these guys. If they get in touch then that's great.

Sorry and in answer to most people's question, at my interview they told me to choose 3 regions I would be happy to work in. They said wherever it is, you must have access to your own accomodation ie stay at a friend or relative's house. That might be the case for TL upwards, but I think SO's will have to find your own place to stay.

irish
im in the same boat. still waiting out. only after getting my ctc clearance after waiting a year for it. olympics might be over by the time they get the basic stuff sorted.

u get the guggi package??? or u sorting yourself out with digs???

Just after seeing this sorry murf. I have been told digs is included still waiting on vetting been ring them every other day to try and get things moving and make sure they have not lost my documents "again" been told its at the final stages of vetting I contacted disclosure scotland myself and they informed me that they sent the disclosure back to G4S on the 3rd of this month and I know they already contacted my references and employers ok they have a lot of people to vet but a little update every now and then would save a lot of stress. When I contact them they tell me its with vetting as I said above but no one can contact this department its one big cluster fook. My employer is happy to give me the time off but need dates as they need to replace me with a temp. Rant over ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Sorry and in answer to most people's question, at my interview they told me to choose 3 regions I would be happy to work in. They said wherever it is, you must have access to your own accomodation ie stay at a friend or relative's house. That might be the case for TL upwards, but I think SO's will have to find your own place to stay.

Not sure about so's but I and othe TL's from over here were told digs included or we wouldn't be going simples

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Back