Grants for courses info.

Degaz83

Full Registered User
Hi
i'm looking to get into the CP industry. i have found i course provider but need help with finding funding. I know i can use a £1000 of my ELC but does any1 know of any other funding out there? i have contacted civvy street and have been told by them that they dont fund any CP courses anymore.

friendly bit of advice mate before the usual hoard swarms in..... Do an intro on the intros thread and dont make your first post about getting grants or funding. when did you get out? why dont you qualify for resettlement etc etc bulk your profile up, quite thin on top.

Dont wanna sound like a miserable f***er, but unfortunatly i am and there are much worse than me on here....

Hi
i'm looking to get into the CP industry. i have found i course provider but need help with finding funding. I know i can use a £1000 of my ELC but does any1 know of any other funding out there? i have contacted civvy street and have been told by them that they dont fund any CP courses anymore.

Pay for it your bloody self, i had too. God, you make me sick, and its your FIRST POST, mong.

Last edited:
Firstly if you look through the intro post mine intro is clearly there!
And secondly this is aimed at OPS1 so what if you had to pay for it yourself, aint my fault your to dumb to use grants or funding availible to you! i have payed for every course i've done since leaving the army out of MY own pocket! i joined this site for some helpful advice not to be abused over the net by some jumped up prick like you! What was my first post meant to be eh?
If theres funding out there and ppl know about it i would like to know as well. So OPS1 if you aint gunna help keep your opinions to yourself you crank!

Will the job centre not be able to offer advice? There was a lad on my CP course (although 2 years ago) who had that and his FPOS(I) paid for via the job centre.

Cheers for the advice guys good to know not every 1 is a gobby prick like ops 1 and some ppl on here actually do want 2 help u.

Have a look into skills for security there are some courses ie cctv and possible DS which will enable you to get some work and experience under your belt whilst you may possibly save up for your cp course. There is also a initiative called reskill upskill atm which pays for nvqs in various disciplines provided you are doing over 30 hours a week and is free for your employer to sign you up to over a period of six months.

Its just not the course you need to pay for its the licence, the accom, the kit and equipment etc, the extra courses you may need to do to specialize in a particular area ie, driving, marsec . I know I worked nights for ages prior to doing my courses to save up and pay for everything, wasnt easy working round my little ones but I was proud I paid for it all myself, although you are right in thinking if there is funding out there you can tap into it maybe worth while investigating further. Getting your cp is just the first step on the ladder and its an expensive one to climb, getting some work and experience under your belt no matter how laborious it is may help in the long run, just to keep you afloat in the short term.

Understandably if you haven't fully signed off yet your choices maybe limited but there is a bit of a wait at the moment in terms of qualifying, getting certs and licences and then landing your first role.
Industry is inundated with guys wanting to get back out but due to visas etc they are having issues, its always been a tough industry but appears to be getting tougher to get that first break.

Maybe paying £250 for the DS training and getting that badge so you can earn during the summer season whilst you are saving up for your CP might be an idea. You dont just want to go for a cheap provider due to your financial constraints you need to get the best course you can afford which is suitable for you. There is plenty of work in the events season during this period coming up soon so you will earn that £250 back no problem, network and gain some experience. Just a suggestion.

Im a white British / English male that has served my country, paid my taxes and my NI contributions, How the hell can / could I get a grant, no f*ckin chance.

My suggestion mate, stay put if you can. There is precious little work about for the experienced.
The bubble has well and truly burst and you will be wasting your resettlement.One other piece of
advice ,please don't fall for the" if you do our course "spiel

P

i am gonna go job center and found out cuz i went in and asking them so they booked me in and i am gonna find out mate

Back