Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Harder i train.

MC222

Longterm Registered User
This just my opinion, but it is based on tons of reading and listening. I train twice a week due to making an informed decision that someone in his mid fifties needs more recovery time, but still has to train extremely hard. My sessions take less than 30 mins and the rest of the week is rest and brisk walks (got two dogs).

Younger people can train more regularly because you bounce back easier when you have better connective tissue. But (and this is IMHO) I don't think they need to. I was strongest when the kids were very young and I could only train twice a week, when the YMCA had the gym set up for weights (trained there 'cos we couldn't afford a fancy gym). It was basic, compound movements and we had an hour tops to do a full body session.

My opinion now is that because I only trained hard twice a week, I allowed proper recovery AND didn't need to ingest loads of calories. So my diet was OK and not expensive. The most important aspect is that your mind is prepared for a session. It has little to do with suppliments and exactly the right amount of protein - just a normal diet and a couple of hard and short training sessions.

Long and often training depletes both the body and the mind together.

MC222

Iveadenuf

Full Registered User
Hyper-extensions (with or without weight) Dead lifts, planks try to support your body using head and feet. I loose lots of Mass try using anabolic weight gains in your diet and increase the amount of recommended. Eat loads.
Try looking at calorie burn tables they will give you a rough idea on how much to Eat per day to gain weight.
http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist3.htm
Proteins can only be digested in your body by small amounts over a small period of time, so if you eat to much you might loose some friends

Last edited:

edh

Full Registered User
If you want size. 5x5 sets heavy as you can handle , no cheating ..... Maintainence will be easier 8 reps x4

Top Bottom