Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ljcraigboy

Full Registered User
doing their course?
That is the correct site but i am interested in anybody who has done the course and have they got a job out of it

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Last edited:

JR199

Full Registered User
Nomad,

you are very restrained. This company used to operate not far from us and you are right to advise caution. What I know for a fact is that they moved because they did not pay the rent on their property in a trading estate in Gloucester, and did a midnight flit.

Please please do your homework and ask around before you commit your hard earned cash for a mickey mouse, cake and arse load of shit, that may have your licence revoked for TP malpractice, if you get that far!

It winds me up seeing these companies with flash websites, lie about who and what they are and what they can offer after the course. No-one guarantees work ever!

There is enough experience on this site to give fair and even advice withouth being mercenary.

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Restrained, yes at the moment and for the sole reason that myself and the people I trained with are still waiting on certificates six months down the line but finally there is a resolution to this.

I even tried to help the company and offered my time and energy in keeping things going, so too did a friend of mine who lost substancially through being involved. I only helped with with a view to changing things but soon realised things would never change as long as the person running the company continued to be the way he is. I thought I got that through to him but I guess he prefered being the "master of smoke and mirrors" as he once put it.

What is a shame is that some of the trainers had to take the flack for things outside thier control and it is no wonder that each of them in turn left to work with other companies.

I would like to say it is an isolated incidence and would have loved to take on RCP and make it what it should have been, an honest company delivering good training at an affordable price. Certainly possible and for anyone that does operate like that will surely succeed.

So restrained for now, yes but if I do not get for my team what they paid good money for then there will be little reason to be restrained in the future. At least being on the inside for a while has given me an advantage that I can play in that situation.

You can add Llandudno and Bristol to that list of places too!

APG

Full Registered User
I can't comment on the company as I don't know them. However, avoid companies that guarantee work post course; people should get the work for their ability, not the fact they pad to get the job.

Paddington

Full Registered User
If I remember correctly.
This company was also operating in Bedfordshire, and for a while used Wyboston lakes ( or was about to ) as a training centre.
I've been working at Wyboston over christmas period and non of the managers recalls the company.

I think they were just struggling to get of the ground.

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Yes you are correct they did do some open days and I think one course out of Wyboston lakes training centre before moving to Gloucester, in fact some of the photos of the course on their website were taken there. My ex attended one of their open days and at that time everything seemed to be going well for them but as you say they had only just started. All the trainers have since moved on to other companies due to various problems.

I can at least give you an update to what I posted earlier this year. Everyone that were waiting on certificates have finaly recieved their C&G certificates but still are waiting for the first aid ones to be sent. This has only been down tothe dilligence of one trainer who stayed on to sort out various problems on our behalf, so I am grateful to him for making the effort to do that. It is bloody great to finally hold that peice of paper in my hands, it has been a long old road for that!

Top Bottom