Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hatton Garden Heist

Customloads

Super Moderator

premier

Longterm Registered User
Customloads,

I'm sure this story will run and run and flying squad will indeed come out of the woodwork to point fingers at the who, how,what and why's!

The truth is that when the DD243 was a White Paper documents I raised some glaring system failures that were address but not rectified, most panel manufactures addressed the issues within the programming options but as the seasoned installers (old guys) left the hands on side for office based jobs or simply retired younger less experienced installers came along and install the fully compliant kit and didn't know about the problems that existed.
Not wanting to advertise these faults an on open forum for "bad guys" to stumble upon I won't pin point the blatant flaws but if anyone chose to read the DD243 and subsequent EN standard who knows what to look for can most likely identify "why" the police categorised the alarm as they did, or it was an epic fail by them!!

Regards

premier

PADDYOS

Longterm Registered User
Apparently according to a news paper a guard heard an alarm but stated that he was not paid enough to go and check it out......

intrinsic

Longterm Registered User
I was going to say that you couldn't write this type of stuff however it has a lot of similarities to Jason Statam in the Bank Job.
I believe that the Robbery in Hatton Garden was after more than just jewels!

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
The reaction from the guard is unfortunately typical. People seem to take an "It'll never happen here" attitude, even in security. I've been in a job in a high security facility where we got numerous talks about the terrorist threat and were even told about the Islamists that were caught doing a recce and people still believed that nothing would ever happen there because people would be put off by all the security (despite its glaring loopholes). Unfortunately, alarms often go off accidentally, some more than others. So if everything looks OK from the outside and only one of the many alarms is going off, it is very likely to get ignored. It would be interesting to know the bosses response last time they were called out for a false one.

Does anyone know if this building was affected by the evacuation and power cut from the underground electrical fire a couple of days before the Bank Holiday started?

PADDYOS

Longterm Registered User
And being "just a security guard" he probably did nt have the capability to access the sensitive area.....although he should have still called it in to an ops room etc......

Top Bottom