Health & Safety

hippy

Security Directors
I know this isn't the correct place forthis one, but its about as close as I could find.. Apologies!!!

I have just been informed by my chairman that with immediate effect Group Health & Safety shall become part of my Department... :(

Whilst having no wish to become a H&S dweeb, I feel I need to expand my knowledge beyond my current (typical senior management) level.. If only to stop the H&S team baffeling me too much..

So, does anyone know of a decent H&S course? Distance learning would be ideal!!

God, Health & Safety!! What have I done wrong????:confused:

Hippy...don't worry, this is the way a lot of companies are going. They can double or even treble on duties and save money by adding medical and HSE. All my guys went for the HSE General certificate which you can take distance learning and exams in the UK or split week training over 2 weeks or a one off 2 week training course. It is a lot to learn but does give you a good qualification.

More strings to the bow the better for future employement.

Search online for HSE General courses, there are plenty of course providers.

Russ

Many thanks Russ... I'll look into it..

I returned to office today, in a happy mood, having just sacked a member of senior management and had them arrested under the Fraud Act 2006, only to be greeted by the Senior H&S Manager who was speaking, in the only way I can discribe it, in jiberish.... When he paused for breath I had to ask him to start again in English, as" I am not yet fluent in Geek"

Hse

Another thing to do is call the HSE Infoline... Tell them your position, they are very helpful.

All you have to do is tell them your job type, roles etc and they'll let you know exactly what your Health and Safety requirements are, also sending you out a C130 laden full of leaflets to drop on your house with every health and safety topic under the sun.

I find all my info out from them, they even put you through to a miagistrate to talk accurately about things like fines and prosecution on detailed aspects if you want to. If I remember correctly they can put you in touch with your local Health & Safety Inspector so you can have frequent contact.

Visit their site at: Information about health and safety at work

Or call the Infoline on: 0845 345 005
http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/index.htm

Back