Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello everyone! I’d like to ask if any of you has got a 3 or 4 residential CCTV

austincurrey

Full Registered User
Hello everyone! I’d like to ask if any of you has got a 3 or 4 residential CCTV camera setup with DVR? I’ve found a website with exactly the kind of camera set up I have in mind but I’m having doubts about it since it’s made in China. I don’t know if I should trust my instincts on buying it though. Anyway, will I need help from a technician in setting up the DVR CCTV Cameras or not? If you guys have other options or suggestions, feel free to share them. I’m only getting a CCTV recording DVR is because it can provide police with visual evidence in case burglars do break inside my house.

D

Deleted member 33

Yes, but it's not an 'off the shelf' one.

It's a hybrid, both IP and analogue. the reason being is that I'm in the middle of upgrading each camera system. The last cam I got was an Axis Q1755-E, and has yet to be fitted.

If you're after footage for identification then you need HD which is expensive as per the one above. Depends on budget.

Visioneer

Super Moderator
The best opinion is, 'it'll do'. Maybe. 'Evidential Quality' ermmmm...maybe....

No objection to kit made in China, most is.

The biggest 'but's are: How good an installer are you ? If you're crap at DIY, don't even dream of it. Cable nailed to the skirting board or taped along the top of the living room wall is soooo passe. How good is your Chinese / Chinglish ? The manual will be incoherent. Can you use a soldering iron ? Do you know where to get the bits the manufacturer doesn't supply ? (Probably the Hard Drive for a start.)

WHERE are you going to put the DVR ? Might look very attractive tucked under the TV, but it's also the 1st (2nd) thing they'll nick.

HOW have you decided what cameras you'll need ?

The list goes on.....

Yes, I have a home installation, and went to considerable lengths to to ensure the cameras weren't obtrusive, other than the one I wanted to be obvious, (Comes in handy when I've a clown on the doorstep trying to flog me something. They vanish rapidly when I point at it, especially when I point out it's also recording the conversation.) and there's not an inch of cable in sight. The DVR is buried in a utility area, where it's chances of being discovered are remote.

If in doubt, ask a GOOD local installer. It shouldn't cost a fortune, and you might stand a chance of getting it right.

V

Last edited:
Hi all ...... home and business security is must important now a days then we have to use cctv's at home and business office for monitoring even went outside i would like suggest Installing security camera .. its reliable and high quality images will takes footage's and low light good performance will gives .. i hope this will help some who need to get good wired or wireless security camera with affordable price. just check out here

Last edited by a moderator:

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Blimey Venice, we knew you aussies were sorta sophisticated by now !

The thought of nailing such a sophisticated cctv system to the wall would solve all our security needs. :) Will you come and service it when it goes wrong ? Under warranty ?

Cheers cobber,

V :)

Top Bottom