Hello I'm new here. Any advice PLEASE!!!

MadMaks

Hello, nice to meet your community!
I introduce myself!
My name is Maks, 28 years old. I am from Belgium. I served 5 years in the para-commando troops. I speak Russian, French, English and Dutch. I have PSD, SIA, Firearms, Medic, HEAT, security driver, close combat certifications.
My question is ... Is it possible to find work in UK for foreigners or is it only for UK citizens?
If you can please advise me on the steps as I am new in the industry.
Thank's!!!

Technically it is possible but you need your SIA licence for most security work. The problem is that there are many more people that have licences than there are jobs. Many people who have worked in this industry for many years in the UK are leaving and looking for other types of work. SO maybe other countries in Europe would have more chance of work.

But if you seem to have good qualifications and language skills so a good company to get in touch with would be Close Protection London, SW1W 0RH | Security Company - Excellentia 020 7060 2130 they should be able to give you a better idea of your chances of work and as they also run courses, they can tell you how much it would cost to do the course to get the certificate.

Thank you!
I have already the SIA level 3 Close Protection certificate.
The problem is that the other countries don't work in PSD and the bodyguard jobs are very rare.

Last edited:
Is it possible to find work in the U.K. for foreigners. At one point that question seemed to be 'volte face'
A two tier security system seems to have come to pass. Between quality and cost.
The quality jobs now seem to have gone old school and are advertised by way of mouth, along with vouched for trust.
The other jobs (the ones you really wouldn't want) are filled by those who will work the cheapest.
British or foreign as long as you tick all the boxes initially. (Appropriate paperwork and licenses) then those extra skills should help, languages, skills, experience and the right attitude. Start networking. Use what ever contacts you already have. Make the effort. Try.

Back