Hello ladies! Help!

skydiver

Full Registered User
I have trawled CPW website and have just stumbled on this Forum!

I am on my CP course next week and was wondering if anyone could help with what 'smart' clothes to take. I do believe if there is any running involved my 3" heels wont do me any good (unless I'm drunk where I can run in anything!! lol!) I'm not a girley girl and I worry that I'll look a mess for a serial that requires me to be 'smart' on the course. :(

Is there anything that you would take with you on the course if you could do it again?

Many thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give! Im like a sponge at the mo!! :rolleyes:
:0)

well i went for boots with a chunky low heel and usual trouser suit and shirt affair myself. Take comfortable shoes for out of hours though as my feet bloody killed me after a 12 hour RST. Take some cash for laundrette and other bits and pieces. Some courses do differ to one i did way back in the dark ages but i think most do some sort of unarmed combat drills etc so comfy sweatpants and the like, apart from that i lived in combats for classroom and walking drills. Laptop if you have one, if you don't have a wi fi where your based find a travelodge and sit outside it, you can always pick up their connection for free :), learned that one on my course. Take waterproofs, i was only one on my course who took them and i was only one who stayed dry :). You should get a kit list, in my opinion no matter how daft it looks take what's on it, it's on there for a reason.

It's a lot to take in everyday, so make sure you take plenty of notes and DO revise them. Like i say the amount of info you have coming at you everyday is mindblowing, and just doing drills and teh like aswell as the classroom stuff can be pretty knackering

I'm male by the way but may be able to impart some good advice.

Wear clothes that are comfortable, the days are long! When I did my CP course on our first practical in the city we opted for the traditional suits, we learned after about 30 seconds of exiting the vehicle that this drew massive attention and decided on our next detail to go much lower profile. We decided to wear jeans and smart shirts and never drew a second glance, this allowed us to concentrate more on what we should have been, rather than everyone gawking and asking questions causing a shift in our focus.

I also found that my comfy smart shoes that I had worn quite a lot, weren't as comfy after all day on my feet. Really glad I didn't wear my wedding smart shoes (I only own 2 pairs of decent shoes and that's both of them). Learning point - if I need to spend all day on my feet again I will invest in a good pair of smart, comfortable shoes that will see my feet through the day!!!

Many thanks Annie and Greenboy69!

Good first day on course.... I forgot what death by power point is like when you're on the receiving end!! (I know that they have to plough us with information so it is very much apprieciated - Im not moaning at all!)

Ta for the tips :0)

PS Barry..... the same one as you!!!

Back