Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lynsay

Full Registered User
:)

Hello all, Lynsay here! Currently working for a recruitment company . If u need any advise or help on CV's interviews etc just let me know. :rolleyes:

mally1

Administrator
Hello Lynsay

Hope your well! (No doubt tanned!)

Kind offer, thanks

Mally

theprotector

Full Registered User
Lynsay - really great offer - my CV doesn't seem to make it past many HR departments ! - any words of advice please to make it a bit more appealing ? Michael

Covert Munkey

Administrator
CV advice

Hello buddy,

Lynsay is the expert in this field but just a few suggestions.......

1. colour? Just a little bit but it does make a difference(unless they want you to email of course)

2. Use Good quality paper- Water marked? Good writing paper? Again if Emailing makes no difference!

3. Provide a covering letter?

4. Your CV should be just one page (maximum two) so don’t use 20 words when five will do. Don’t waffle! Nobody cares that you are passionate about making pottery!

5. When mentioning your last (or present) position focus on what you’ve achieved rather than just a job description.

6. Don’t include negative details about yourself or past positions be Positive, Polite and Professional.

7. Choose one font for all your typing and stick to it!

8. Don’t rely on just your computer’s spell-check program - run it by some friends or family to check for spelling or grammatical errors.

9. Attach a good quality upper body photograph of yourself - in your uniform if applicable or a professional suit if not.

10. If you state in your cover letter that you will contact them in a weeks time to see if an interview is on the cards - MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO!

Protector always bear in mind that maybe your experience or (lack of) maybe a contributing factor as apposed to the content of your CV.

Either way good luck buddy!

Whats yer background anyway just out on interest buddy?

We are going to open up a thread where people can advertise themselves...so watch out for that!

theprotector

Full Registered User
Covert Monkey - damn you're good - how did you know about my love of pottery ? In fact I am spinning you a plate even as we speak.

Good advice - many thanks - will amend and apply.

FYI my backgroun is Met police. Crime Squad (surveillance and intelligence)CP licence and many hours of RSTedium.

thanks again - must go - making a life size pottery reproduction of Lionel Richie's face.

Top Bottom