Help & advice - Security Management

Gower

Full Registered User
Good afternoon,

I am a 31 year old security professional looking to further my knowledge, experience and qualifications within the security sector.

I have developed a 5 year plan with a goal of enrolling onto a Security Consultancy programme resulting in a Bachelors degree with honours. Before I reach that, I have decided to gain a BTEC level 4 professional certificate in Security Management followed by the BTEC level 5 diploma in Security Management.
I have done some research into these courses but have become a little stuck. I have found that Control Risks run a course for level 4 and 5 in only 20 days, which would help me achieve my goal sooner. However, on The Security Institute's website Perpetuity Training provide Level 4 on a 5 day course but level 5 takes 12 months? Is it a different course and diploma to Control Risks? I would happily study for 12 months but would like to know the difference in the awards given given such a drastic difference in time completion. I would like your feedback on this if you could as I would rather do a course that has something to do with The Security Institute as I feel it would increase my knowledge, network and professionalism.

Any help or advice on what I should do is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dan Gomez

Thanks for the comments guys.

Colonel45155, no that wouldn't be me. Can't open up your link and I'm not on Instagram.

Took the level 3 in security management and the level 4 in risk,crisis and disaster management followed by the level 5 course. The courses are not cheap but as I am looking for a career change i think it worth the cost.

Back