Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help

Hi all sorry to ask I'm after some help advice I had a criminal record when I done my door supervisor course I checked in line it said will issue so done the course the applied for badge to get refused and had to appeal which I've done was working in Ldn after a few emails back and forth after 6 mths sia have refused a badge my record is clean now I'm looking for advice how to lodge appeal in the magistrates as now out of work many thanks in advance

FrankieRD

Hi,

This is a good site to read-

Security industry - theInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal recordstheInfoHub by Unlock | for people with convictions and criminal records

It tells you most of what I've written below.

You're given 21 days from the date the refusal letter was sent, to make representations.
Normally, this is not for mitigation, but for you to check that the facts they have used are correct
eg they say you received a 16 months sentence, when you only received 6 months.

They will then look at your reply and write back to you, which appears to be a refusal in your case. You can appeal at Magistrates Court about their decision. (I think it costs about £200, but you may not have to pay this if you receive certain benefits, like Income Support)

The Magistrates will only use the guidelines and criteria set out in the Get Licensed booklet to assess your appeal -

https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Documents/licensing/sia_get_licensed.pdf

There is a guide in the booklet which assesses the "criminality" of each application, such as type of offence, date of sentence ending (not release) etc

I would re-do the online criminality test and print the result. If it still shows that you are eligible for the licence that could be helpful.

Obviously, keep all your emails with the SIA.

I would get advice from a Solicitor, good luck

Frankie

Last edited:
Thanks yeah I'm going to the court house Monday I've been waiting 6 mths sia minded to refuse then asked for mitigating circumstances references etc which they had it just dragged in and in my record is actually clean five years spent etc there just being arses as usual I worked with a door man last week that had just got his badge after having 2 abh charges and convections puzzles me but cheers

Top Bottom