Gunner Robbo

Full Registered User
Hey All,

I have been reading the threads on this site for some time now and i thought it was about time that i made introductions.
Im an ex serving Raf Regiment gunner(no peeble monkey jokes :)) and i am looking at going on a C.P course to hopefully kickstart a career in close protection. My experience is what you would generally expect from a unit providing force protection within AO's in Afghan and Iraq. I did 5 years and 4 tours. Optelic 1, a further 2 tours in Iraq and 4 months in Afgahn.

I am waiting on Phoenix to relocate and offer dates for future training courses. I understand and appreciate the value of a high standard in training and would appreciate any comments from you guys on courses that you have found valuable in your careers to date. Bearing in mind what i wish to acheive is to work for a company providing high risk protection such as Armour Group(hence for choosing Pheonix ) our Global.

Look forward to reading your posts.
For all those still serving, ex service, and those who are training, or involved in security services keep up the good work.

Thanks

Robbo

Hello Mucker!

Welcome to the forum!

So then a professional pad lock shaker!! LOL only jokin buddy!

Tried to join Crab air when i was younger but they blew me out!

Hope the forum helps you out!

CM

Hello Robbo

Welcome to the forum!

Its surprizing that there are many CP providers these days, some with better reps than others.

Let us know where you end up going for your training and how it went!

Cheers

Mally

Hi Robbo,

I am fully aware of your high standards, as I know the RAF Rgt very well. So really sorry, hopefully you can listen to an ex RAF Policeman. (Honestly I wasnt one of those who nicked rocks and was a total tw*t) I spent most of my time in green on rafasupu convoys, and guarding establishments & people.

Can I suggest Task International. I attended their 28 day course as part of my resettlement out of the services. The chief instructor at the time (Was a long time ago, 1996) was a well know Rock Flt Sgt who also doubled as a Royal Marine Unarmed Combat Instructor. You will probebly know his name as a bit of a Regiment legend, I dont want to mention on the website, but he was well known for breaking Bergathon records. I dont know if he is still around, but I know that if he had anything to do with it, then they must be reputable. Look for Task International on the website.

My only other advice is keep at them once you have done the course. They have a habit of telling you how well you have done, but then any contact/offers of employment dry up. There is truly a circuit of RM/22/para that seem to get all the jobs, & in some respect given all their training this is understandable. But everyone has their own particular talents and can be used in different ways no matter what background they have.

All the best
GM

Back