Leaver

Full Registered User
Hi All just a quick note to say hi and some background info

cp trained with RONIN in SA..5week course been in security for 10years with recently doing some BG work in uk but wanting to go abroad to work to earn decent dosh..lol..not looking for iraq/afghan as not ex mil... but if you know anywere eles were they want cpo's/BG let us know please....anyway better go keep safe and well all

hi CM thanks for reply i came across site when searching net also a member on the BBA site how long you been in the industry mate..

Hi Leaver

Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us abit about the training course you done win Ronin, how much did it cost and what you got from it?

thanks

Mally

Hi mally, the course with RONIN was £4600 5WEEKS in South africa cape town...the whole course is advanced and very high in first aid which you learn alot hands on (ems response shifts with live emergency's) advanced driving and swat weapons training with all the normal course content PESCO, SAPCO,RISK ASSESSMENT EMBUS DEBUS ARMED/UNARMED COMBAT ETC... with a live week of opps on last week. You do your SIA online so can apply straight away if you already have app pack would recommend course but would warn there's alot to learn and very long way to go which could result in a non pass as the course i attended i think ONLY 6 out of 13 passed.... THE WEB ADD WWW.RONIN.CO.ZA since being back and doing a few task i found the course has stood me in good stead as others dont quite teach the finer detail you learn from RONIN..any more info pleas feel free to ask...Dave

stay safe...

I have taken the Ronin course in SA too, I have nothing bad to say about it whatsoever.
We did have a failure on the course (1/16 aint bad) but this was due to someone thinking that they were flying to another hemisphere to drink themselves stupid. If you work hard, you will pass the course. If you are an idiot, you will not. If you are thinking about approaching PMCs, they hold the course in high esteem. The training team are inspirational, the medical package is the best available, firearms training was excellent and I picked up overseas work soon afterwards.

Hi Silhouette, nice to hear another grad on site...are you ex mil?? as i'm not and finding it hard to get work abroad..can you assist me on which are the best companys to approach..many thanks

David..

stay safe

Hi Leaver,

Yes, I was in the forces, so combined with the Ronin course finding overseas work was not too difficult. As you will have discovered, all reputable companies are asking for military experience (normally at least five years and some operational tours) You will probably also appreciate that in recent years the number of CPOs entering the market that meet this criteria has increased significantly.
For you to get a foot in the door at this stage, you will need to bring something special to the table.
Have you thought about doing the Ronin Paramedic course? I know its another expense but an IHCD qualified paramedic will always be in demand.

Back