roxylife

I have a wireless CCTV camera and receiver and I want to record the images to a dvd on my Panasonic DMR-ES15 recorder ( has to go onto a dvd as the recofer does not have a built in hard drive ). Can it be done and if so how? The receiver has a RED, YELLOW & WHITE connector coming out of it. I want to connect it to the dvd recorder and connect the DVD recorder to a TV ( without scart ) to view the images......HELP !!!

Recording should work fine, if the camera output is a BNC you will need a bnc to phono adapter then you can plug it into the AV socket on the recorder (usually the yellow socket).

Quite often the quality of a domestic tv recorder is higher than that of many cctv dvrs, they just dont have all the rest of the features...

on mine i connect the yellow -video red/white left/right audio straight into my dvd recorder, if you dont have y/r/w then use a y/r/w to scart. if you have the dvd-r connected select the front y/r/w usually L1/L2/L3 and then you should see the cctv images on the tv

Hello Roxy, make sure you connect the video output (yellow) on your receiver to a video input on the recorder - then just connect from a video output on the recorder to a video input on your TV.

Should work fine.

Obviously bear in mind that you will only get so many hours recording on a single DVD...and that will be it. The DVD Recorder won't go back to the beginning and overwrite the data etc.

It looks like the DVD Recorder can take a RCA (Phono) input on the front panel of the unit. If your camera only has a BNC output, you will need something like this CCTV BNC to PHONO adapter to plug it into the unit.

Unfortunately, you're not just able to cut the BNC connector off and affix a normal tv ariel connector onto the cable and plug it straight in. This won't work because the signal that the DVD recorder requires in the "normal" coax connector needs to be a modulated signal and CCTV Cameras do not output a modulated signal.

Good luck getting this to record - I hope it does what you need. If it doesn't, have a look at our range of CCTV DVR.

Cheers

Matt

haha, just noticed that date on the original question! Hope Roxy has sorted this out by now!

Looks like Visuali managed to spam it back to the top of the listings.....as he/she also managed to do back in 2008 aswell!

haha, just noticed that date on the original question! Hope Roxy has sorted this out by now!

Looks like Visuali managed to spam it back to the top of the listings.....as he/she also managed to do back in 2008 aswell!

haha - hadn't noticed that!!

Back