manuelam

im male 20 but only 5 ft 4 i work out at the gym so am quite muscly and i intend to keep training to get bigger, the only problem i think is my height, is this going to put people off and what do u have to do to become a bouncer?

Height isn't a problem if you can deal with people and situations whilst thinking on your feet quickly. Training and experience of you and your team count.

Dolphin.

im male 20 but only 5 ft 4 i work out at the gym so am quite muscly and i intend to keep training to get bigger, the only problem i think is my height, is this going to put people off and what do u have to do to become a bouncer?

Hi manuelam

Size has nothing to do with it, having a good attitude counts the most, and working with a good team of experienced people who you can learn from.

Use Google or if you want ask some of the forum members if they can recommend an SIA Door Supervisors training course in your area. It is 30 hours long/4 days training with 2 x 1 hour exams at the end of it.

Any questions or help PM me mate.

Regards
Ste7en

Good advice Ste7en, thankyou.

CM

Always here to help mate, god only know that we need more people in the industry, as there is a shortage of Badged guys in the North West of Scotland, that I know of, cant speak for the rest of the UK.

manuelam I would also suggest that if you are deffinately going to undertake training with a Training Provider in your area you will have two wait until the next available training calander date for that company.

Dont wait until then to fill in your application. Call the SIA on 0844 892 1025 (lines open 8am until 8pm Mon-Fri) or complete the online application request form Request an Application Pack - Security Industry Authority.
Complete the form in BOLD with a Black pen, (sounds stupid, but people have had their application returned for not doing this).

You no longer need to write the certificate number in Section B on the new application. In section B where it says awarding body, write the relevant info (your training provider will tell you this, as some training companies deliver NOCN and BII courses).

Talk to your trainer, but it is safe to say that you can send of your application 2 days after completing your course, your trainer will tell you if you have passed or failed, as we trainers can look at your marks and give you an (un-official) heads up wheter or not it is a pass or fail.

I have jpegs of the new application if anyone requires them please PM me.

CM it might be a good idea to put them online here if you havent already mate.

Sounds good mate.

There is a Door supervisors/Door mans forum on the home page.

You can copy and paste into there mate. Will be very useful.

CM

I thought this was the Door Supervisors Forum page?

It says "Door Supervisor - General" at the top of the page, am I on the wrong page mate?

Haha mate ur right!

I'll take myself outside and have a word with myself!

I've started a new thread within this forum so when you get a chnace you could put them in there?

CM

Back