Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I convert CCTV DVR file into an AVI file?

Ste7en

Longterm Registered User
I have an Incident that was captured on CCTV as a DVR file, we need to convert it into an AVI or DVD format. What freeweare software is available to do this?

Thanks

Steven

Ste7en

Longterm Registered User
Cheers Dave,

I have already tried this software, it does not recognise a DVR file unfortunately.

Steven

romark

Longterm Registered User
The only way I have ever done that is to copy it in real time onto DVD or computer. Time consuming I know.

mts

Cheers Dave,

I have already tried this software, it does not recognise a DVR file unfortunately.

Steven
Same here...been looking for a solution for months..

I have a codec from XP that allows play via media player (if you want the codec, let me know) but for other OS's i'm stuck.

m

codec

I have a codec from XP that allows play via media player (if you want the codec, let me know) but for other OS's i'm stuck.

m
hi there do you no if these codec's work on vista and where i can get them thanks

Ste7en

Longterm Registered User

m
That would be much appreciated, many thanks

Ste7en

Email address in my profile

Therep

Hi there all.
If you do a websearch for '' video codecs '' or '' free video codecs, you will find a large array of codecs to download. Download them to a file or if the cctv video footage allows playback on the PC in question, download the file into the windows 32 system folder.

Once downloaded, play back your DVR video and if the software gives you the option to SAVE AS, click on it to save. Where it normally will give you the option to save as AVI only, you should now have the options to SAVE AS, any of the codecs you have downloaded.

Hope this helps

wellbaby

The following article just aims to provide a step by step guide on how to convert DVR to popular video formats; it is also available for converting the extended DVR that is WTV to various video formats at DVR Converter - Convert DVR to AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV on Windows or Mac

Convert DVR to AVI or WMV for playback DVR in Window Media Player, Xbox and more or edit DVR in Windows Movie Maker.
Convert DVR to MPEG (ncluding MPEG-2 and MPEG-1) or convert DVR to VOB for burn DVR to DVD or VCD
Convert DVR to MP4 for play DVR on iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, BlackBerry, Android Phones, PS3, PSP and more.
Convert DVR to MOV for play DVR in QuickTime, Wii and more
Convert DVR to FLV for upload HD DVR to YouTube and more.
Convert DVR to DV for editing DVR in Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express.
Convert DVR to other video formats including ASF, MKV, RM, RMVB, WebM, MPG and more

matt123

Longterm Registered User
What is the DVR it has come off?

There is not a lot of point in randomly downloading codecs that may or may not help your cause. What I suggest you do, is to download a (free) program called G-Spot (yes, really!!) that will tell you what the codec is.

Sometimes though, it will be in a propitiatory format, hence why I ask where the DVR came from.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Visioneer

Super Moderator
VLC Media player will play damn near anything.

Quicktime Pro will convert more or less anything, to anything.

nickgreen6

Full Registered User
I have an Incident that was captured on CCTV as a DVR file, we need to convert it into an AVI or DVD format. What freeweare software is available to do this?

Thanks

Steven
What is the format of your DVR video file?
I know VLC could open almost all the video file, why you want to convert it?

rhea

Longterm Registered User
What is the format of your DVR video file?
I know VLC could open almost all the video file, why you want to convert it?
I would hope that the OP has got round his formating problem by now. How things change so quickly nowadays..

Chilerece

I find a quite nice DVR Converter in Google. It does me a favor. It seems that there are many solutions in Google.

Top Bottom