Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I am looking to join the French Foreign Legion, but I need a simple issue answered.

A few years ago I shipped off to boot camp for the Marine Corps, but I was soon discharged due to my own stupidity and homesickness. Probably the biggest thing I have ever regretted doing was lying my way out. I in no way meant what I said, but I said it, I got a story and stuck to it. I told them I had suicidal ideals and had previously self-mutilated which are both untrue, the cut on my arm was from someone else's doing, but it helped with my story. I had never been away from home for more than 1 or 2 days at a time at that point. However since then, I have moved out, and I spend 4-5 weeks away from home at a time, cramped up in a truck trying to earn a wage, and I want the military life back, even if that means leaving everything I am comfortable and knowing with for 5 years.

I have been researching the French Foreign Legion for about 6 months now, and I feel like this is my best route to new beginnings. My grandmother was from France, and I do speak fluent French, Russian and of course English.

With this stupid screw up, would I have a chance at being selected for the FFL?

Thank you,
Chris

SCT

What you have described are the actions of a pussy. You'll be a pussy no matter which military you join. Choose another career

FredB

Longterm Registered User
I doubted for a long time , i wanted to join for at least 10-15 years and when i reached the age i could not join anymore .. i had so much regret i didn't join and always will regret it.
I realy cannot see why you did what you did and blow your chances when you had them , honesty goes a long way , you were/ are not the only one with homesickness and other problems joining the FFL , if you had talked to them , they would have helped you get over your problems .. but now i am sure you got a record , and there's no way you can join again.
If you aren't sure , i'd say , try again and pray you are lucky.. then you don't have to bother us with these questions as few if any at all on this site are recruiters of the FFL
I agree with SCT also , act like a man and do not lie for whatever reason ,it's just not worth it and even when you couldn't join , at least they tell you why and you can work on those problems and try again.

SCT

I doubted for a long time , i wanted to join for at least 10-15 years and when i reached the age i could not join anymore .. i had so much regret i didn't join and always will regret it.
I realy cannot see why you did what you did and blow your chances when you had them , honesty goes a long way , you were/ are not the only one with homesickness and other problems joining the FFL , if you had talked to them , they would have helped you get over your problems .. but now i am sure you got a record , and there's no way you can join again.
If you aren't sure , i'd say , try again and pray you are lucky.. then you don't have to bother us with these questions as few if any at all on this site are recruiters of the FFL
I agree with SCT also , act like a man and do not lie for whatever reason ,it's just not worth it and even when you couldn't join , at least they tell you why and you can work on those problems and try again.
He didn't join the Legion, he went to USMC recruit training at Parris Island or San Diego and pussied out. Not only that, he showed dishonesty doing it. Happens all the time when the children realise it isn't Call of Duty. Probably had his feelings hurt by some 20 year Gunny shouting at him. If he thought that was bad, then he won't even get through Legion selection.

Cowardice and dishonesty, he should join the Kuwaiti or Saudi army :)

Legio Patria Nostra

FredB

Longterm Registered User
i just re-read the post .. your right lol... should teach myself to read posts 2X before replying :)

Anyhow if you can't make it in USMC , then don't bother FFL , compared to USMC, FFL is hell on earth

Last edited:
Thank for your replies.. Yes, I was a busy. That was then and this is now. No, actually I didn't have my feelings hurt by anyone, I just was an immature little crap with everything handed to him back then. Thanks for your replies once again. Though you advise against it, I am going to do it anyways. I'd rather get the crap beat out of me by a military branch than stay stuck where I am in life. Lastly, with ya'll attempting to make me feel bad, you still didn't answer my main question.... That would be nice..

~ Chris

Iman

Full Registered User
I am former legionaire. Mon matricule est secrete.

Ok you have done shitty in USMC. You can join the Legion. But in Legion two institutions will have their hands on it.
First the medical department.
Second the Legion Intel, sometimes called Gestapo.

If your telling the medical department you had those ideas, your immediately out.
If your not telling the Gestapo the main reason why your not joining the USMC your also out.

Both forever!

I were medical discharged in german army. They still took me.
Another point is your motivation? Why you wanna join the legion?

USMC is a joke against legion! No food, no sleep, no equipment, no freedom! Especially not for the first 10years!
The legion is using 40year old assault rifles. They dont even use holosight. And dont get the ****ing idea to buy one.

In my opinion your wrong for legion! They even dont pay much! A great time when your young. But wrong place for well educated western guys

If you still wanna try, make it. But workmevery day in selection process. This makes a good shape on you.
Especially if you wanna join. Food also better and you will see something in Marseille

Aubagne in Summer were a unique remind place to be!

Top Bottom