Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
they also have wireless? Its because of my neighbours I had to purchase this item, and they are fuming as they like to play up, and now my reception has reduced, so was wondering if they also bought wireless cctv can they pick up my camera signals?

From when I check into CCTV for our clubhouse at work, I found that if someone has another receiver that on the same frequency as yours, yes. It still needs to have the requirements meant for reception, i.e. distance from sending unit. Keeping in mind that walls reduce the signals.
Just fill in information, there are now cases of people riding around with mounted receivers, they just creep curbside until a pictures is seen. From what I read this type of active is not illegal as it is only capturing waves like a scanner.

v7ult

Full Registered User
most domestic wireless cctv use 2.4ghz and 4 channels.its certainly easy enough for your neighbour to buy a set from argos and receive your signal.if however your signal is out of theier range you can pop to maplin and buy a icom icr3 scanner which has a built in screen and can fine tune the siganls for watching most home cctv sytems.i wouldnt recommend them over hard wired systems.some baby monitors have the same transmitters in them.would you really want a neighbour or passer-by viewing inside your home?

Top Bottom