IM FIGHTING AGAIN!! :) Heres my training programme

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
Hello fellow members,

Some of you may or may not know of my background in amateur and professional boxing. I shared a room with Amir Khan as a junior Olympian and represented Great Britain at Light heavyweight reaching the rank of 3rd in the world number 1 in GB. Those were my amateur days, I joined the army at 16 and the boxing went on hold. I soon re kindled my spark for the fight game and turned pro in the army under Matchroom sports with Barry Hearne as my promoter.
The army was supportive and let me have a few months off to prepare for my debut fight, sadly this was cut short due to me deploying to Afghanistan. I returned home and left the forces, back into the swing of training at a local gym i was spotted b a fellow boxer and introduced to my manager Eroll Johnson.

I was then signed as an up and coming heavyweight by the UKs biggest promoter Mr Frank Warren, my feet didn't touch the floor, TV and radio interviews followed an endless amount of magazine and newspaper interviews.

My debut came around and i was to fight Howard Daley, a tough and experienced journey man, the fight took place at the Echo Arena in Liverpool in front of 10,000+ people. The atmosphere was incredible and i comfortably won the fight. Howard retired from boxing after stating in a press release that he never wants to be hit that hard again :)

well after much time out of the fight game due to work and business commitments I am now getting back into the ring, keep your eye on the newspapers and TV screens as im sure you will see me soon enough. I will also post a link on here in the future for fight tickets, it would be great to have forum members come and support me. Oddball i expect to see you ringside :)

below is a link to some press releases about my signing with warren, also below is my training programme i am following at present for 6 weeks, this is my strength training and fat loss programme. Cardio i.e. Bag work and Running is conducted each day except sunday which is a rest day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+loveday+boxer&rlz=1C1OPRB_enNO550NO550&oq=john+loveday+boxer&aqs=chrome..69i57.4664j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Regards

Jloveday

Go advanced > manage attachments > (Top right hand corner) Add files > Browse > upload > drag and drop the required file to attachment box at bottom of page > Insert online

Great story John and well done mate... I of course have to express an Interest also in the sport. I Boxed for Battersea in my younger days under Eddie Hearn a well known London Boxer and listed on the same 'Bill' once with the actor Ray Winston... I think that he boxed for Repton... a former '22' mate of mine also boxed for Dulwich, he is quite a well known Author now! Later on I received my ABA coaches ticket and coached a couple of teams including a military under 19's Squad!

Well... good luck with you renewed career and I for sure would be interested to know how you get on, I'll look out for you but perhaps you could put your results up here somewhere, just to keep tabs.

Good luck mate... In the words of my old Regiment..? Train hard, Fight easy!

Carl

John, All the very best.
It's always nice to see people who take part in the forum going on to do something that sets them apart.

All the very best. Will follow with interest.

Bubba

John,

As an 18 year old kid on my own in a big city I lived next to a couple brothers who were Golden Gloves state champions from Pennsylvania, USA. I used to watch them train and expressed an interest. They took me under their wing and showed me the ropes, the hard way. I was 170 lbs and the brothers were heavyweight and light heavyweight class fighters. Got my ass kicked plenty. Although I never fought in the ring I continued training because I loved the workout and the feeling of confidence. I was also a huge boxing fan until the UFC came out. Now I mainly watch that unless a title fight in boxing comes on. That training saved my ass a few times when I worked nightclubs as a bouncer. I still train some because my job requires that if I lose a fight I can lose my life. So many people are training MMA now so I've dabbled in that as well. Being an "older" gent I have to stay in the gym to survive this job. Good on you for getting back in the game and congrats on your win and your contract.

Hi all, thanks for the comments

Carl i believe Mr Hearn does the doors or did for a while, I will update any news on the forum of me fighting, tickets and results etc.

Sabre, Bubba and Howard again thanks and i will keep you all posted on the progress, I am just blowing out the cobwebs at present and getting back to fighting fit, muscle memory is kicking in so shouldnt take too long, I was 20 stone 2 months ago, im now at the 18.5 mark

regards

John

So October the 4th in Birmingham is looking like the next date for my fight, gives me some solid time to train, i will keep you all updated :)

Back