I'm officially a crim.

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Answered the door last week to be handed a court summons, I bought a car on 24/05/17 and apparently I was flashed by a tax camera on the 30th, hands up I thought I'd tax it at the beginning of the next month, anyway as you may or may not know I'm going through a law degree at the moment, one of my collegues is a Barrister so I gave him a ring, kinda goes as follows...

ME, Hi I just got a summons
HIM, What have you done?
ME, car tax, got a summons, I'm thinking of going to court to see how the process works
HIM, Pay the fekkin fine, it'll be an expensive day in court with fees and another fine from the court, you can sit in court any other day and watch proceedings for free.
ME, Oh

So I took his advice, just putting this out there for any other crims like me ;)

Regards
Col

Definitely pay the fine and have done with it, you can visit a court any time and watch the process and its free that way.

‘The man who represents himself has A Fool for a client and an ass for an attorney’ (just to give it an international flavour)
The facts are; you were untaxed.
End of . Sorry.
We all have many good reasons why and along with great intentions; we can find ourselves on many a sticky wicket.
Been there, done that. Sadly.

Answered the door last week to be handed a court summons, I bought a car on 24/05/17 and apparently I was flashed by a tax camera on the 30th, hands up I thought I'd tax it at the beginning of the next month, anyway as you may or may not know I'm going through a law degree at the moment, one of my collegues is a Barrister so I gave him a ring, kinda goes as follows...

ME, Hi I just got a summons
HIM, What have you done?
ME, car tax, got a summons, I'm thinking of going to court to see how the process works
HIM, Pay the fekkin fine, it'll be an expensive day in court with fees and another fine from the court, you can sit in court any other day and watch proceedings for free.
ME, Oh

So I took his advice, just putting this out there for any other crims like me ;)

Regards
Col

You Brit's really speak a whole other language. Whats a crim and whats a car tax?

Oddjob you're right. Hands up I did fuk up, I thought I'd get off with 24th til 31st, my bad. Debt paid and lesson learned.

Regards
Col

You Brit's really speak a whole other language. Whats a crim and whats a car tax?

I'd love to know what license and registration is, saw it on stateside movies, obviously I know what licence is but over here in UK we need tax (vehicle excise) driving license (speaks for itself) and insurance (third party at least)

What's registration in American movies?

Regards
Col

America and Britain .
It seems the old adage of;
Two Nations divided by one language.
Rings true, even in these times of instant global communications.

It appears that this tax you speak of is our equivalent of registration. We pay yearly registration for our vehicles. It is just a Tax for roads and bridges ect.

Sadly ours is just a Tax.
It certainly doesn’t seem to maintain or improve our pot holed, grid locked roads. Unless you’re a cyclist. Then you’re on a winner. You get new cycle lanes everywhere. That half of you still don’t use and you don’t need insurance, training or have to pay Road Tax either.
Oh and you can ride on the pavement. Dress in Black with no lights a la ninja mode and Fcuk all happens. And they don’t even thank us mugs of motorists for paying for all these privileges .

Sadly ours is just a Tax.
It certainly doesn’t seem to maintain or improve our pot holed, grid locked roads. Unless you’re a cyclist. Then you’re on a winner. You get new cycle lanes everywhere. That half of you still don’t use and you don’t need insurance, training or have to pay Road Tax either.
Oh and you can ride on the pavement. Dress in Black with no lights a la ninja mode and Fcuk all happens. And they don’t even thank us mugs of motorists for paying for all these privileges .

I couldn't have put it better myself.
From memory some guy started a facebook page against cyclists, it was on a documentary I watched a few yrs back.

Last edited:
Back