Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Info on Sec Management Courses wanted?

Armand.3

Full Registered User
I was wondering if anyone could comment on the value of a Foundation degree/ Security management course. I have seen that CRs is delivering such a course+ e learning. Anubis has something similar. I trust other providers have the same type of training all linked with a University from what I understood.

I would appreciate feed back on such course/diploma with pros and cons in terms of content, (what do we learn from the course), and for potential employment later on....overseas.

Thanks.

billy1000

Full Registered User
The course's your have mentioned, have been written about before in various threads.

I've opted to study at my local uni, for a criminology degree. Been there almost 2 weeks. Went to a lecture the other day and I kid you not, there must have been almost 300 students crammed into the lecture. I have 4 hrs of lectures per week and 3(x1hr) seminars every 2 weeks.

It's made me seriously consider cutting my losses now (before I get a too large a debt) and enrolling on the Security and Risk Managment foundation degree at Leicester. I can't say how good the content is on any of these course's. But in terms of long term value, I say go for it. Get a HE qualification. It will help your career.

All the best

Billy

rupert

Longterm Registered User
Take a look in the "consultants" forum; there is much debate about all of these, academic, professional etc courses.......

A few on going threads to, so do join in the discussons.

Top Bottom